Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #1
mommagruber
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Just watched fat, sick and nearly dead last night. Wow! That is an eye opener!
Just wondering if anyone here has juicing experience? I suffer from migraines - they can last for days, also get very sick at my stomach with them and they can occur a once to a few times each month. They are debilitating!
Has anyone juiced to prevent or eliminate migraines?
I have a dr appt this afternoon for follow up from a miscarriage I had four weeks ago and am going to discuss it with my midwife. We are open to allow as many children as God would bless us with in our lives, so I am also concerned about juicing while newly pregnant (before I really even know).
Any btdt help would be great!!!

Advertisement

www.hyenacart.com/littlebitbusy

Last edited by mommagruber; 07-26-2013 at 09:02 AM.
mommagruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #2
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: Juicing? Migraine fix?

I don't have experience with juicing. I do have experience with migraines. Have you tracked yours to try to find your triggers? For me, one of my triggers can be dehydration. So, assuming that juicing maintains a high level of hydration since fruit and vegetable juice is pretty hydrating, I could see how it would decrease migraine instances if that's one of your triggers.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #3
mommagruber
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have worked on pinpointing my triggers. Main one is hormonal - I can definitely expect them around that time of the month and when I am pregnant I basically have a 9 month break from headaches. I have eliminated dairy and processed foods like lunch meats, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, etc. from my diet, as they also seemed to be a trigger. I am terrible about drinking water! (Shame on me!!!) I know that may help tremendously, and I have decided that I have to drink more water in order to get better. So, I am working on that one.
I have seen many different drs over the years and I am a paranoid person by nature. I worry about the medicines that they prescribe. I would be willing to do about anything to find something that would just take these headaches from me and I don't have to use harsh medicines, or over the counter meds so often. I worry that they are very bad for me, but when I am in the grasp of a three day migraine, I'm willing to take any med to get the pain to stop.
www.hyenacart.com/littlebitbusy
mommagruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #4
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Juicing? Migraine fix?

At first it will or may feel worse bc your body will be detoxing. But after that it maybe a week you will have major relief.

I use to get migraines all the time and I started following a vegan/macriobiotic diet and for 2-3 yrs no headaches at all.

I have since went to a normal whole foods diet and eat meat/dairy/sugar and I get headaches but not migraines. I may have to get back to vegan/macrio or raw
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote