Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
HeatherM0529
Registered Users
seller
seller

Poop in every diaper!!

My son just turned one at the end of last month. He has switched to milk and has obviously increased his food amount.

He WAS pooping about 1-2 times a day, for the past week or so he's gone in every diaper during the day. He doesn't go all night and then goes about 6 times during the day. WHY is this happening?

He eats a banana and some oatmeal or a waffle/pancake for breakfast. Lunch is usually a jelly sandwich and maybe some goldfish or something and dinner is what we eat (veggies, protein and carb usually).

He is doing about 20oz of milk a day
No juice or water, he doesn't care for them. He might have a few sips in a day, but not again for a few days later.

He also eats 1 pouch baby food a day to get in more fruits/veggies.

So what's causing it?? It looks normal. Usually ploppable, sometimes more squishy and otherwise he seems fine/acting normal, I just don't want to wipe so much poop!!!

Advertisement

HeatherM0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
jam's mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Poop in every diaper!!

My daughter went through a phase like this, and now it's down to 2-3 poops daily.

She's just a poopish child
Old 01-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Same thing happened to my son when he switched to regular milk at 15 months - nonstop poop. He also developed some other problems at the same time - eczema, disrupted sleep - so I got rid of the milk and everything went back to normal in about a week. He's almost 3 now and still can't tolerate regular milk. So, for us, it was the milk.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #4
LittleThingsMama638
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2010
Same thing happened to my son when he switched to regular milk at 15 months - nonstop poop. He also developed some other problems at the same time - eczema, disrupted sleep - so I got rid of the milk and everything went back to normal in about a week. He's almost 3 now and still can't tolerate regular milk. So, for us, it was the milk.
Yup. My ds did the same thing at one, and it was the milk. He outgrew it around 3.
LittleThingsMama638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #5
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam's mum View Post
My daughter went through a phase like this, and now it's down to 2-3 poops daily.

She's just a poopish child
LOL!!

I read the title and thought, "sounds like a healthy kiddo!"

if the poops are normal, I wouldn't worry.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:35 AM   #6
HeatherM0529
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks mamas. The poops are normal! NOTHING else has changed besides more poop, so I don't think Milk is an issue. He's been getting a little milk in each bottle/sippy since 11 months, so I'm not really concerned about an allergy or anything.
He's had no diaper rash, no other rash, no fussiness, no diarrhea, no sleep issues, nothing that would say allergy or sensitivity to me!

Thanks!!
HeatherM0529 is offline   Reply With Quote