Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Huggies pure & natural vs snug & dry -sizing

DH Recently bought DD size 3 Huggies pure and natural-He was convinced that she was not crawling because cloth diapers were too big & bulkey for her. I humored him & have done sposies during the day for 2 days (i feel so wasteful lol) she weighs 19 lbs. 10 oz. and they are very small on her. It says 18-28lbs so what the heck?
Are the snug and dry size 3's bigger fitting than the pure and natural ?

Let me know thanks!

She will be back in cloth soon Because I don't think crawling has anything to do with cloth diapers But for a camping trip that's coming up I will need to know about the disposable sizing.
Thanks!!

Advertisement

Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Huggies pure & natural vs snug & dry -sizing

When using sposies(huggies) on my older 2 I found out the sizing also depends on hip width not just weight. With my daughter I always had to size up early because her hips were wider. She potty trained out of the size 4s. With our older son I could keep the smaller size because he had slim hips. We did cloth until he was 2 when we switched to sposies thinking he would potty train soon. He eventually (6-8 months later) potty trained out of size 3s. I highly suspect our youngest would be moving into size 5s right now. He has the same wide hips my daughter has.

Not to mention sposies, to me at least, appear smaller when on baby than cloth. If she isn't haveing blow outs, the absorbtion is sufficient and doesn't have a plummers crack she is likely in the right size sposie. One of my first hints with our daughter that we needed to size up was a diaper blow out.

Last edited by qsefthuko; 01-26-2013 at 08:33 PM.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #3
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks !!
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #4
kirst
Registered Users
seller

Re: Huggies pure & natural vs snug & dry -sizing

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
If she isn't haveing blow outs, the absorbtion is sufficient and doesn't have a plummers crack she is likely in the right size sposie. One of my first hints with our daughter that we needed to size up was a diaper blow out.
Sposies are made for the average frame of baby. My son is very tall and long-waisted and has been wearing size 4 in disposables since he was 22 lbs, which is right in the middle of size 3's weight range, I think. But he's a heavy wetter and had plumber's crack.

The other thing I have done, because I don't buy sposies that much and I hate to waste them, is use the smaller outgrown size of sposies inside a cover as an insert. That is how I used up his newborn sposies that I was gifted. You could do that on your camping trip if she's already out of the size.

My friend told me that in Chinese culture, it is bad luck to walk too early and it means you will have to work hard your whole life for your money. If you are slow to learn how to walk, it means money will come easily into your life.
So she was almost pushing my son over the other day...to keep him from having to be a working stiff. Hahaha.

He is walking holding onto furniture now and I'm sure will be free-standing walking soo. He never crawled...has zero interest in it and just wants to stand up...even if it means he face plants 20 times a day. I highly doubt the diapers are impeding your DD from crawling...that would have to be one huge bubble butt.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote