Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #1
TheGreenBee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Diono Question......ten year warranty?????

I am in Canada.....The Radian for 2013 is called the Radian GTX. When asked what the difference between the RXT and GTX is the reply is as follows.

GTX has 10 year warranty, stain resistant fabric, comes with an extra cup holder and seat mat.

10 year warranty? Industry standard is 6 months (peg perego) to 12 months (everyone else) isn't it? Does anyone know exactly what the limitations of this ten year warranty are? This seems really out there to me only because it is such a huge difference from the norm.....unless the norm has changed as well. I'm getting close to the end of my car seat needs, and don't see that I will be buying another harnessed seat ever, so I don't stay quite as on top of things as I once did, but this question was brought to me today when I linked a listing for the RXT on sale in Canada (rarely goes on sale in Canada so I wanted to share the good news as there are lots of moms on my FB who will be carseat shopping or are carseat shopping) and one of my friends asked me what the difference was, and the quote above came from Diono's FB page, but I can't find anywhere how limited or comprehensive this "warranty" is. It sounds too good to be true.

Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
genevievej84
Registered Users

I'm guessing they meant a 10 year expiration.
genevievej84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #3
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by genevievej84 View Post
I'm guessing they meant a 10 year expiration.
No the gxt has a 10 year warranty. It was made for brick and motor stores as an incentive for consumers to buy there rather than online for cheaper.

http://us.diono.com/en/car-seats/radian-gtx

Two cup holders are included, with the option to add up to 4 cup holders. In addition to all this versatility, it folds flat for travel and storage, has a 10 year life Warranty, has a FREE full-size waterproof undermat for complete protection and offers amazing safety, comfort and convenience your child won’t outgrow.

Eta the rxt isn't going anywhere.

Last edited by jaelynsmommy61607; 01-09-2013 at 09:43 PM.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:11 PM   #4
TheGreenBee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Diono Question......ten year warranty?????

what is a "life warranty". The wording is really strange. The GTX has a 10 year life warranty. To me that leaves some room for interpretations. When you look at the GTX manual it says to see the website for full warranty information and the only comprehensive warranty info I can find on the website indicates a one year limited warranty.

Last edited by TheGreenBee; 01-09-2013 at 10:13 PM.
TheGreenBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:36 PM   #5
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenBee View Post
what is a "life warranty". The wording is really strange. The GTX has a 10 year life warranty. To me that leaves some room for interpretations. When you look at the GTX manual it says to see the website for full warranty information and the only comprehensive warranty info I can find on the website indicates a one year limited warranty.
Well since the seat has a 10 year life span its for the entire life of the seat.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #6
TheGreenBee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Diono Question......ten year warranty?????

right, it says life warranty on the website, but the manual (page 47) says to see the website for FULL warranty information and the only available comprehensive warranty information indicates a 1 year limited warranty, there is no exception for the GTX indicated on the website that I can find....

This is the ONLY warranty outline posted on the website. All I am saying is that it is not very clear to anyone looking at it, and if it is indeed a ten year warranty then it should be more clear. Are the limitations the same as the one year warranty? Different because the GTX is an exclusive seat?

http://us.diono.com/en/customer-service/warranty There isn't even an "in brackets (ten year for GTX)" in the first line where it says "LIMITED ONE YEAR WARRANTY"

It's not clear at all in my opinion. Does the warranty default to the website? Does the website default to the manual? Clearly one is correct and one is incorrect....but which one?