Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Can I use something other than the Diono Angle adjuster to achieve the same result?

I really don't want to spend the money on shipping for the angle adjuster. Does anyone know either: A. an alternative or B. somewhere with free shipping?

Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #2
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I bought my from Amazon for $9 and free shipping.

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #3
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can I use something other than the Diono Angle adjuster to achieve the same resul

Shipping is only free if you spend $25 and I don't need anything else.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #4
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can I use something other than the Diono Angle adjuster to achieve the same resul

I bought one for ours a couple years ago (ish, when they first came out anyways) and only paid $10 + very little shipping - and that was in canada. I think total it was only $14 or something.

As far as I know, there's not anything else you can use for the same thing. I don't even know if Radian allows for anything (rolled towels, pool noodles) under the foot for more recline (lol... radian... more reclined... HA!).
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #5
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't want more recline but more upright since the AA can be used to straighten it up some too. I ended up using a folded beach towel for now since it's nice and dense, It won't go anywhere. When I have something else to purchase from amazon, I may get the AA at a later date.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:03 AM   #6
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry, I realized that. I was joking about needing or wanting more of a recline with a radian - cuz they're always so reclined!
And I meant that I don't think you are allowed to use towels or noodles or anything with a radian even in the "normal" way other seats allow.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #7
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Sorry, I realized that. I was joking about needing or wanting more of a recline with a radian - cuz they're always so reclined!
And I meant that I don't think you are allowed to use towels or noodles or anything with a radian even in the "normal" way other seats allow.
I totally see with the special 'foot' used for rf'ing why you can't use a noodle or rolled towel. This however is to simply increase the upright ness of the seat and doesn't affect the snugness of the install. I think the AA actually has more 'cushion' in it than the towel I did use for now.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #8
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithsa View Post

I totally see with the special 'foot' used for rf'ing why you can't use a noodle or rolled towel. This however is to simply increase the upright ness of the seat and doesn't affect the snugness of the install. I think the AA actually has more 'cushion' in it than the towel I did use for now.
The angel adjuster is very firm. I would think a beach towel would have quite a bit more give. I got mine from amazon. I'm sure you could find some item you would buy anyways to get to $25. grocery or household items? Idk, ive never had the issue of not being able to spend money on something on amazon lol

Sent from my droid
Old 01-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #9
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithsa View Post
I didn't want more recline but more upright since the AA can be used to straighten it up some too. I ended up using a folded beach towel for now since it's nice and dense, It won't go anywhere. When I have something else to purchase from amazon, I may get the AA at a later date.
So is the towel under the back of the seat to make it more upright?
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #10
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

A towel would not be permitted by Diono. Before doing so, I would call and ask. I am pretty confident that is not ok.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote