Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #11
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Re: EBF poo stain removal help!!!

We quit having stains, ever, when we started using Country Save detergent.

Careful with the Oxygen bleach soaks ... those will shorten the life of your diapers. Better to just use a bit in the wash and then sun what doesn't come out.

I think most often, we just "get over" the EBF stains, and they disappear before too long.

Since your detergent has "soap" in the title, I'm expecting it's a soap based cleaner and not a detergent. The soap-based cleaners don't tend to get things as clean. Consider trying a true detergent ... Country Save, Biokleen, or one of the big brands everyone recommends. Detergent is a highly opinionated topic ... these days everyone suggests Tide, which I personally didn't like at all on diapers.

A tablespoon of washing soda or Bac Out might help too. Your soap probably doesn't have enzymes, which Bac Out can provide. Still, if you don't have smell and you only have stains, enzymes may not help.

Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #12
Mollysmomma
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrennaII
We quit having stains, ever, when we started using Country Save detergent.

Careful with the Oxygen bleach soaks ... those will shorten the life of your diapers. Better to just use a bit in the wash and then sun what doesn't come out.

I think most often, we just "get over" the EBF stains, and they disappear before too long.

Since your detergent has "soap" in the title, I'm expecting it's a soap based cleaner and not a detergent. The soap-based cleaners don't tend to get things as clean. Consider trying a true detergent ... Country Save, Biokleen, or one of the big brands everyone recommends. Detergent is a highly opinionated topic ... these days everyone suggests Tide, which I personally didn't like at all on diapers.

A tablespoon of washing soda or Bac Out might help too. Your soap probably doesn't have enzymes, which Bac Out can provide. Still, if you don't have smell and you only have stains, enzymes may not help.
I'm sorry... I did say soap. But I didn't mean it. Lol. Promise!

http://www.dapplebaby.com/products.p...d&productId=10

I'm currently in a fight with DH about water temp. He wants it super hot. So hot that I'm concern my Thirsties covers will die in the hot cycle. So I do the warm prewash... Which is really long, then I'd LIKE to do a hot wash... I have to restart the machine then anyway. I suppose I could pull out the covers after the prewash (I use detergent in there)... They ought to be clean, right? The cotton can stand the hot wash I'm sure. Just don't want to ruin the covers.

Visit my brand new blog! imamommy.weebly.com. It's still very small but I will be posting at least every week. Thank you!!
Mollysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #13
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I run a 4min cold cycle and then an 11min hot cycle with detergent that has a cold rinse. We have used various detergents over the years with no issue. The sun is magic though

Oh and I always wash my PUL covers separate and hang dry. I feel like they hold up way better that way.

Last edited by MDever; 01-10-2013 at 06:15 PM.
MDever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #14
QuartzandPyrite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had major stains with my EBF poo, they all sunned out great! SUN SUN SUN!!
QuartzandPyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:11 PM   #15
Mollysmomma
Registered Users

Thanks everyone! Next round will go in the sun.

Visit my brand new blog! imamommy.weebly.com. It's still very small but I will be posting at least every week. Thank you!!
Mollysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #16
simplykarenp
Registered Users
seller
seller

The sun is magic! The sun takes the stain right out.
simplykarenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #17
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysmomma

I'm sorry... I did say soap. But I didn't mean it. Lol. Promise!

http://www.dapplebaby.com/products.p...d&productId=10

I'm currently in a fight with DH about water temp. He wants it super hot. So hot that I'm concern my Thirsties covers will die in the hot cycle. So I do the warm prewash... Which is really long, then I'd LIKE to do a hot wash... I have to restart the machine then anyway. I suppose I could pull out the covers after the prewash (I use detergent in there)... They ought to be clean, right? The cotton can stand the hot wash I'm sure. Just don't want to ruin the covers.

I had a look at the Dapple ingredients, I'm not sure but it does sound like it's more soap based and is lacking important ingredients. It has enzymes though, so that's helpful, and plenty of people do fine with soap based detergents.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #18
It's_All_4_Them
Registered Users

How long do you have to sun them for? I tried the other day through the window (it's too cold outside) and nothing changed.
It's_All_4_Them is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #19
simplykarenp
Registered Users
seller
seller

It has to be direct sunlight. I did it yesterday at it only took 20 min.
simplykarenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #20
dncnshu00
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's_All_4_Them View Post
How long do you have to sun them for? I tried the other day through the window (it's too cold outside) and nothing changed.
Were they still wet when you started? That's key!
dncnshu00 is offline   Reply With Quote