Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #11
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Re: Diaper rash spread down legs. Need advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirst View Post
If it is excema, I would try Calmoseptine...CJ's helps and is good, but Calmoseptine is better (but is not cloth diaper safe and has zinc oxide). You might want to try monistat cream under the calmoseptine as it is a different antifungal than the athlete's foot cream and make sure to use at least 3 days. It could be a secondary fungal infection after the allergy reaction irritated the skin and allowed an opening
I've never seen anyone else recommend calmoseptine on here- and I just have to say that I LOVE the stuff! I use it with a disposable though, that stuff is like brick mortar, but gosh it works.

Advertisement

RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #12
mommyjm
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons View Post
Try sween and or gynelotrom for yeast. If your switched cloth dipes do you think a reaction to wool now? Yeast can health from lose stools.
I switched after she got the rash to see if having something more breathable helps. I don't think was yeast though. The eczema stuff has calmed it down to where the whole rash is almost gone now.
I appreciate the advice though and I'll keep that in mind if she ever does get a yeast rash.
mommyjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #13
mommyjm
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinLou View Post
I've never seen anyone else recommend calmoseptine on here- and I just have to say that I LOVE the stuff! I use it with a disposable though, that stuff is like brick mortar, but gosh it works.
Brick mortar nice description! Yeah, I use Comforts brand chlorine free 'sposies when I have to use non-cloth safe creams, but sometimes if I don't have any I use some scrap material or cut up an old tshirt to use as a liner. I just have to remember to not throw the liner in the diaper pail with the diapers!
mommyjm is offline   Reply With Quote