Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

This is just a vent and a long story so feel free to pass on by.

I really wish I could just walk up to this woman and tell her where I think she should go.

So, long story. My oldest joined Cub Scouts at a different school than the one he attends. It was a little ways from our house, but it met our needs for a variety of reasons. This past February, he crossed over to Boy Scouts and he and most of the boys in his patrol joined the same Boy Scout troop. When they joined, there were about 6 kids from our Cub Scout group and we decided to carpool. Ultimately, one or two of the boys didn't attend meetings in the spring. So, there were going to be 5 of us in the carpool. One of the moms is highly involved (may I say overprotective) and she dropped because she wanted to attend every meeting. Worked out fine with just 4 in the carpool. Over the course of the spring and summer it went really well. 2 of the original carpoolers dropped and we gained a new one - to keep at 3. It was great. We only had to driver every 3 weeks and all 3 families did their part and stepped up when someone couldn't make it for whatever reason.

Well, right before Christmas, the mom who dropped because she wanted to attend every meeting decided it wasn't working for her and she asked if they could join the carpool after the first of the year. We all agreed and she offered to drive this week.

We live a little further away (3 miles) than the other carpoolers and she wanted me to drop my son off at her house. I didn't want to set a precedent with her and I had to work that night, so I told her I couldn't. Didn't hear back from her, but 5 minutes before theywere supposed to be at Scouts, I get a call (at work) that her son had too much homework and he wasn't going. Needless to say, at that point it was too late to get my son to Scouts. No real big deal, but pretty annoying that she just dropped the ball with no notice.

Then today, I get an e-mail from her that she is going to join a different carpool. In her email, she suggests that we carpool with 1 of the other families who was already carpooling with us and that the other family also leave our carpool and switch to carpool with her. I was FURIOUS. Seriously, join ours, decide it's not convenient and then drop ours all without actually participating AND try to break up a group that has been working for almost a year.

I am happy to say though that both of the other families have decided to stay with our carpool. I am just really angry and annoyed -- especially since my son will have to be with hers for the forseeable future, which means I cannot tell her directly what I think. Hence, the venty post here.

Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #2
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Karma

Not cool! I'd be ticked too!
Old 01-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #3
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs
Not cool! I'd be ticked too!
Exactly!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
What a jerk. I'm glad it worked out in your favor.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #5
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What a nasty thing to do.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #6
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ugg that crap makes it so hard to have kids in activities. She sucks!