Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
How do you wash your flats & pul covers?

I know flats can be hand washed if needed (awesome!) but whats your wash routine in the washing machine for flats? That is all i have been using along with flips so my guess is i dont need my crazy heavy duty long wash routine like i was doing when i used to have aios and microfiber and all that going on? Also, how do you wash your pul covers? if my babe uses one overnight that automatically gets thrown into the diaper pail even though its just pee. During the day, if she poops i throw it into the diaper pail but if its just pee i wipe it out and either reuse it or let it dry and pick a different cover. How long do you go before throwing your cover into the washing machine?

Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #2
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

Re: How do you wash your flats & pul covers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadeeof4+ View Post
Also, how do you wash your pul covers? if my babe uses one overnight that automatically gets thrown into the diaper pail even though its just pee. During the day, if she poops i throw it into the diaper pail but if its just pee i wipe it out and either reuse it or let it dry and pick a different cover. How long do you go before throwing your cover into the washing machine?
That's about what I do, but usually on laundry day I will grab and wash anything that's been on the baby just because. in most cases I think he could use the same cover no problem all day if he doesn't poop or super soak during a nap, but I like variety and changing it up, so he usually wears it for one change then I'll hang it in the bathroom, and grab another. I might go through 5 covers all day, and none of them are actually dirty, just changing it up for sake of it.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

I wash all of my diapers/covers/wipes etc. the exact same way. Cold rinse, hot wash with detergent and the cold rinse.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #4
Kyonarai
Registered Users
seller

Cold rinse, hot wash with tide free and gentle powder to the 1 line, sometimes an extra hot wash w/o detergent, other times just a cold rinse. I bleach about every two months with just a splash in each load till I've gone through all the dipes.

And I'm the same way with covers. I throw her nighttime cover in the pail, and I usually reuse the same one or swap between two or three while the others dry just for ease of changing since she's squirmy. I keep the one she's not wearing prestuffed with a padfolded flat to cut down on her opportunities to crawl away giggling, lol.

I have a huge amount of flip covers though(22), so I could wash each cover after one use if I wanted to. I normally end up using 4-6 every two days between laundry days.
Kyonarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:32 AM   #5
Nicolenutt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonipie
I wash all of my diapers/covers/wipes etc. the exact same way. Cold rinse, hot wash with detergent and the cold rinse.
This is how we do it too, except I'll sometimes add bleach, just bc it makes me feel better lol. Our night covers only get used once, I'll rotate others until they get pooped in or don't pass the sniff test.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #6
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

When I've used PUL or other wipe clean covers (like gDiapers) ...

During the day I pull out the wet flat, slip a new one in, and move on. We always changed as soon as he was wet so often the cover wasn't very wet. If I could smell anything when I opened the diaper, I'd wipe the cover when I wiped LO, often just with water.

In absence of a #2, I use the same cover all day. Even daycare chooses to do this, there's never been a problem with smell. But that was always with gDiapers, and I think the nylon in those gets less stinky them PUL.

Then at night he gets a fresh Flip, that goes into the pail in the morning. Any cover that stays on for awhile after a pee goes into the diaper pail.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:29 PM   #7
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have to wash the same as pp.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DS Forum
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #8
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I only have nite time dipes with one toddler right now. So, I don't do any special "diaper laundry" So, I rinse out the dipe in the sink in the morning. Then, I throw my flats and covers in with regular laundry. Line dry my covers.

Its just not worth it for me to do special diaper laundry.
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #9
parterasd
Registered Users

I use mostly flats and I wash them with baby laundry, clothes, blankets, etc, and sometimes towels or my socks/underwear. I don't use pul covers often but when I do I use them all day then throw in the wash, unless they are poopy or smell like pee. Like pp said I change immediately after a pee so the cover doesn't get wet.
parterasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:26 PM   #10
buggy's mama
Registered Users

Cold rinse no detergent
Hot wash cold rinse with All free & clear liquid
Cold rinse no detergent

Dry on high 10 minutes remove covers to hang dry
Finish drying flats on medium
buggy's mama is offline   Reply With Quote