Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #31
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Have to say after using flats all day yesterday under a flip cover the switching to a prefold for nap, the flats are noticeably trimmer!
I may just like the flats yet

Advertisement

crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #32
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Flats vs prefolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy View Post
Have to say after using flats all day yesterday under a flip cover the switching to a prefold for nap, the flats are noticeably trimmer!
Oh good. Im loving the flats too. I was tempted to get prefolds to try but I ended up ordering more of the flats. I agonized all day and was telling a friend whos local about the shipping cost at nickis....she said she'd order some so i went ahead and ordered a dozen for me and she got a dozen. After the diaperpin code, it came out to exactly $75 and some change. they are expensive flats but they really do hold a lot more than cotton ones. So now im not gonna have several kinds of inserts.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #33
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

how much does that code take off?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhillcranes View Post
Oh good. Im loving the flats too. I was tempted to get prefolds to try but I ended up ordering more of the flats. I agonized all day and was telling a friend whos local about the shipping cost at nickis....she said she'd order some so i went ahead and ordered a dozen for me and she got a dozen. After the diaperpin code, it came out to exactly $75 and some change. they are expensive flats but they really do hold a lot more than cotton ones. So now im not gonna have several kinds of inserts.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #34
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadeeof4+
how much does that code take off?!
5% iirc
Old 01-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #35
jessnye
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I bought the GMD flats because otherwise we spend so much on our electric bill from running our ancient dryer so much. We could hang diapers to dry but then we'd have to spend more on diapers to have enough to use while the ones we washed were drying, because the longer drying time would mean we'd need more diapers to last that long. With flats we can padfold and still have ease of use in pockets and covers, they are one size so no need to buy a ton of different sizes, and they come clean easily and use less energy. We have soft water too so the ease of washing is key.
jessnye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:06 PM   #36
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Ok...soooo if u had to choose.....flats or pf's
Old 01-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #37
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

I too love the idea of flats, trimness, ease of washing and such. I hated the very very bulky edges, especially since mine do not get flattened or anything, they are very wrinkly. But I like this according fold on here, I think it might work.

But my biggest biggest thing, is I wish there was a breathable wool cover that one could pad fold in and is washable.
I am having trouble with pull.
Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #38
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhillcranes

Ok...soooo if u had to choose.....flats or pf's
Ohhhh! I am not sure. I'll report back in a few weeks & let you know. I have a fear of commitment
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #39
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Need to check this out on the computer!

Here is a fold I tried. Don't know if it will work but will try after they are fully prepped. Want to give them a fair chance!

Folded into a triangle

Long ends folded in

Tail folded in

Then folded in half to create a pocket insert

Just an idea to try out.
This fold is awesome!!! I folded the top and bottom closer together to fit in the medium rise of our dipes. I haven't tried the other folds posted here yet, but this is the only other insert-fold I've tried other than the padfold. I am so glad I found this thread. Like "Trenna" said, I am tired of the 2x4 butt. The hems were always bunched up at the end and I came on her looking for another fold to stuff my flats in pockets.

I highly prefer flats over pfs, mainly for the dry time and that they are basically OS. I also love how trim they are. When I had pfs I never trifolded them because they were too bulky. I love snappi-ing flats under wool too.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:09 AM   #40
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We definately prefer flats. So easy to wash and dry, can be handwashed if needed. I got rid of all our Pfs and replaced them with fitteds, figured if I am goin to wash and dry all those layers I may as well have easy to use diapers. But I plan to always have at least 4 dozen flats around