Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-07-2014, 08:52 AM   #1
ElizasMommy606
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Successful Vbac :)

Just had to share. I have 2 daughters (one a medicated vaginal delivery in 2006 and one emergency c-section due to a cyst) and I just had a son via successful VBAC on March 4th, MED-FREE! It is possible It hurt a lot an he had "shoulder dystocia" but they used the Mcroberts maneuver and he came out at 41 weeks 3 days and was 8lb 4 oz.

Just a little encouragement for ladies attempting vbac or a med-free vbac, it can be done! I had an awesome midwife deliver him (my OB doc wasn't there, she was home sick!) who knew just what to do--and a GREAT support system...that really helped me!!

Advertisement

Old 03-07-2014, 10:52 AM   #2
bruenderbaby
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Successful Vbac :)

Yay! Congratulations! Isn't it awesome to have a successful unmedicated vbac after having to go through a c-sec? So glad everything went well, considering his shoulder.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:50 AM   #3
ElizasMommy606
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruenderbaby View Post
Yay! Congratulations! Isn't it awesome to have a successful unmedicated vbac after having to go through a c-sec? So glad everything went well, considering his shoulder.
Yes, it was amazing! It hurt like hell. But my labor was only 5 1/2 hours as opposed to taking FOREVER after getting the epidural with my first DD. 4 pushes this time around and he was out (well his head at first). The shoulder dystocia wasn't as bad, I guess the MW considered it "mild"- they had to crunch my legs up to my abdomen in between contrax and I had to push anyway which was super painful but he did come out within no time, thank God! She told me what they did after I gave birth to him. I guess the crunching of the legs to the abdomen was called Mcroberts. Never knew!

Last edited by ElizasMommy606; 03-08-2014 at 05:52 AM.
ElizasMommy606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:45 PM   #4
neonalee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizasMommy606 View Post
Just had to share. I have 2 daughters (one a medicated vaginal delivery in 2006 and one emergency c-section due to a cyst) and I just had a son via successful VBAC on March 4th, MED-FREE! It is possible It hurt a lot an he had "shoulder dystocia" but they used the Mcroberts maneuver and he came out at 41 weeks 3 days and was 8lb 4 oz.

Just a little encouragement for ladies attempting vbac or a med-free vbac, it can be done! I had an awesome midwife deliver him (my OB doc wasn't there, she was home sick!) who knew just what to do--and a GREAT support system...that really helped me!!
Oh I'll have to look up this positioning! That was the cause of my first "emergency" CS. If I have another I know that will put that specific fear to rest at least.

Sent from my phone using DS Forum
neonalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:43 PM   #5
sh0rtchica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations to you mama! It can be so empowering!
sh0rtchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:24 AM   #6
msnellen82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats momma!!
Old 03-13-2014, 10:56 AM   #7
ElizasMommy606
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you! I never thought I could do it
Old 03-16-2014, 04:36 PM   #8
nionealmare
Registered Users
seller

Woo hoo! bEst feeling ever! Congrats!
nionealmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:33 AM   #9
ElizasMommy606
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nionealmare View Post
Woo hoo! bEst feeling ever! Congrats!
Yeah it was pretty awesome, thank you!
Old 07-15-2014, 03:14 PM   #10
abbers28
Registered Users

Congratulations! That's wonderful that were able to have a med-free VBAC! My son was 12 days late and I wasn't dilating so I had to have a C-section with him. I'm about to have a daughter (my kids will be 21 months apart) and I really want to have a natural water birth VBAC, but not sure if the doctors will let me because my daughter has been diagnosed with a heart defect. I guess we'll see as time goes on...
abbers28 is offline   Reply With Quote