Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #11
kaydove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best Diapers for Hard Water???

Maybe somebody else with a non he washer should weigh in but it sounds like uping one size setting would be worth a shot. If that doesn't help, try uping it to the next setting.

Advertisement

kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #12
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can not change to mainstream detergents bc I am highly allergic to most of them as are my kids. BUt I use charlies and got the hard water booster. Cotton will do best IMO esp prefolds and flats.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:44 PM   #13
MomBecks
Registered Users

Definitely flats or prefolds! They wash up SO much better than synthetics. And any single layer PUL cover would be fine. The sandwiched PUL like on BSWW or Mommy's Touch might cause issues, but a Flip or Thirsties Duo would be great. There are some fitteds that might be OK as well. Something not too thick - maybe MEOS. I've never had issues with those. HTH!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:50 AM   #14
lilbmam08
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomBecks View Post
Definitely flats or prefolds! They wash up SO much better than synthetics. And any single layer PUL cover would be fine. The sandwiched PUL like on BSWW or Mommy's Touch might cause issues, but a Flip or Thirsties Duo would be great. There are some fitteds that might be OK as well. Something not too thick - maybe MEOS. I've never had issues with those. HTH!
Hearing a LOT about flats n prefolds! but there's a million different ones lol! What are some of those diapers you abbreviated? not familiar with them. also with something like flips and thirsties do i just lay the prefold inside?( Kinda like i do with a grovia shell... ) hoping whatever i switch to will be easy (preggo lol). I used to use BGEs which i loved for their fluffiness and good smell, but i hated having to separate and rinse every layer! (my boys always have the mushy poo that gets everywhere...never can ""roll it off"!)"
Old 01-11-2013, 05:55 AM   #15
craigwick
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbmam08 View Post
Still wash on large for regular top loader? not he. also it doesn't have options to change rinse temp. and for wash i have regular, super, or heavy duty regular and super.
I always use the highest water setting on my top loader and my heavy duty cycle (longest cycle with the most agitation) to wash diapers. We have hard water and I used BG's and FB's almost exclusively. Never had stink issues. Oh, and I always pre rinsed in hot water, but I had to trick my machine by letting it fill as if it was doing a wash to get hot, and then twist the dial to the rinse cycle. Some babysitting of the washer required, but worth it.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #16
lilbmam08
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for input everyone! I've switched to using blueberry flats and a couple prefolds inside econobums covers, Grovia shells, got a blueberry bamboo and some swaddlebees simplex and I started using a&h power packs, skipping calgon or only using a teeeeeny bit, so far so good minus a couple rashes before switching detergents! Still playing with water levels though because there's only about 8 dipes in each load.