Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
makenziesmommy2013
Registered Users

so depressd

..I don't have anything for my babygirl and I can't find anything on Craigslist or freecycle... I don't know what I'm going to do. Im on bed rest for digestional diabetes and being anaemic and I can't work. I'm on wic and there isn't any otherplaces to help. All my salvation army has is bigger things for toddlers but said theywould call me if theygot anything in. I left an abusive relationship and now I'm on my own with no money no support and I don't even have a bed for my baby to sleep in much less a carseat for her or clothes....please don't bash me I'm doing the best I can alone at 19 and pregnant. Just had to vent a little..

Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #2
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

Re: so depressd

I can send you some baby girl things, when are you due?
Old 01-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
makenziesmommy2013
Registered Users

I'm due April 21st.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #4
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

I have some baby girl stuff I could send you, when are you due? I'm not sure what state you're in or if they have this other places but in IL if you're on Wic you can get a free brand new car seat, you may want to look in to that. Pm me if you want to talk some more and I will go through clothes for you but it would help to know what season you will need what sizes I even have things with the tag still on that people have given us as gifts that we didn't love that I would like to pass on to someone.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

Oops didn't realise that I already posted that
Old 01-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #6
makenziesmommy2013
Registered Users

Ill have to ask the person who does the wic about the carseat. I just moved to South AR, from North Ar, because of my ex and I don't know anyone or where everything is, but I have an appointment in March to redo my wic papers in my new town so ill ask about the carseat then.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:54 PM   #7
jlsquire0324
Registered Users

I would call your wic office now. They will know about other local resources and then you know for sure if you need a carseat. Do you have a job? Medical insurance? You can apply at your local family services department for benefits to get you by until you are back on your feet. Check to see if there are any battered women's shelters. They can hook you up to resources too!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #8
makenziesmommy2013
Registered Users

I don't have a job right now because I'm on bed rest ill start working when she's 7weeks old of everything goes well. I was on my grandpaws insurance an I had to move now I have to find the health unit to apply for foodstamps and Medicaid at this new place. My grandpaw just died and his insurance will cover me until the baby is born then I have to switch to Medicaid
Old 01-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #9
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am so sorry mama, this must be very hard. It was a good thing you did getting out of that relationship. I only know about services here in CA but I have a few more ideas for you.
- apply for food stamps, now called EBT, through that website you can also apply for housing assistance and health care. (this is in my state and could be different in your state).
- contact local churches in your area and ask if any of them have programs to help you or any donations of items you need. I know that our local Catholic Charities helps many families in your type of situation. A church community could be a really good thing for you right now, many of them will even bring you dinner after you have the baby. If you are not a religious person I would go just for the community.
- search the FFS forum here on DS, you might be able to score some items there.
- look into Welfare (this is why our country has this program, to help mamas like you)
- do a local search for women's shelters, many of them provide help for mothers escaping abusive relationships.
- put up a ISO ad on your local Craigslist, maybe someone will find you!
Best of luck to you. You are very brave to do this all on your own at your age but I am sure when you look back you will be grateful for the choices you made and so will your child.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #10
makenziesmommy2013
Registered Users

I'm going to look into all them places and services. And yes I had to leave all I could think about was her. Its very hard but I could not imagine not having her kick and roll around in my belly... she has the hiccups right now, makes me smile so much when I feel her moving.
Closed Thread