Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #11
ravenchow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: BGE for heavy wetter

I have a heavy wetter. BGEs were all sold off before a year old. They just weren't that absorbent. BG pockets made it to a year, with hemp as a booster & then they started to fail in an hour or so. By a year old, we transitioned back to GMD prefolds & flats. We are still trifolding brown GMDs with JB premium hemp or pad folding toddler flats with the JB premium hemp. This is all I recommend for a heavy wetter in my experience. We have to do Huggies night sposies, which may or may not leak at night. Cloth was ditched at night shortly before 2 y.o.

Advertisement

ds (12/99), 4 mcs, LO (May 2010), Newb (April 2013), 5th mc
ravenchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:15 AM   #12
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't think so but we've never put boosters in them. My average wetter has to be changes by the 3 hour mark (which I do no matter what but these wouldn't go beyond that).

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-13-2013, 06:19 AM   #13
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Re: BGE for heavy wetter

Neither can handle heavy wetting on their own, as is. 4.0 would if you stuff with hemp inserts, but that would get pricey and hemp takes a LONG time to dry. I have found that high quality unbleached birdseye cotton flats outperform anything we have ever tried, and that is a LOT.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:17 PM   #14
papoosecaboose
Registered Users
seller

My DS is generally not a very heavy wetter, so most nights he's in a BG 4.0 stuffed with 1 bamboo and 1 hemp (thin) insert. On nights when he's had a lot to drink, I stuff with two bamboo inserts (16 layers of jersey knit as they're folded in half). I can also stuff with a Thirsties hemp prefold and a thin hemp insert for same absorbency. It ends up pretty thick, but never leaks for us.

I don't even try BGE's at night, no way they would hold even my moderate wetter.