Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #41
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How mainstream is cloth in your area?

Basically, I have only seen it on the children of the mothers I have "converted"

Advertisement

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #42
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m&m View Post
I live in prob one of the most crunchiest places in the US, Bellingham WA (aka Birthingham), it is not uncommon to see a fluffy butt, but I wouldn't say mainstream.
Portland, Oregon - same kind of thing - crunchy. G-Diapers is based here so lots of mamas were into that as a craze - they pay your volunteer hours with diapers. Cottonbabies is just across the river in Vancouver (10 minutes).

But babywearing, EBF, ERF are all pretty common. . . I think Oregon has the highest or 2nd highest % of breastfeeding mamas.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #43
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadeeof4+
we live in massachusetts about 1/2 an hour north of boston and we are odd balls around here...i do not know anyone in real life that cloth diapers or has more than 3 kids and only know 1 person with 3 kids lol. Also I am realizing how extra weird we are because I am having a very hard time finding anyone who homeschools, i cant find any sort of co-op or group! We do not belong here, we want to move sooooo bad!
Are you on Facebook? There is a NH/MA CD group. We have a lot of local moms that CD. There are a few NH CD stores and Diaper Lab in Boston.

I am south of Boston and know lots of cloth users. Not sure if it is because of my mom circles (HMN, LLL, etc) or if it is just gaining popularity. There is a CD store in Boston and lots of other online stores that are open to locals.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #44
mamamarisa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The town we just moved from had a population of 600. Cloth diapering was about 50/50, it would be a 25 min drive to buy disposables from there. We moved to a bigger town, nobody cloth diapers, the detroit craigslist has like 30 cloth diaper listings, and the ann arbor cl has like 35 listings. Neither are really close to us but detroit covers a much much bigger area than ann arbor so i would say it is more popular there. I know of 4 stores that sell a selection of cloth diapers within an hour drive of us. Up north in traverse city where i lived most of my life(4 hrs away) they have 2 cloth diapering stores that i LOVE but there NOBODY cloth diapers. However, (statewide) many many people breastfeed so i dont see that as "crunchy", also line drying isnt popular but our weather is unpredictable. Michigan has 12% of our jobs in agriculture so im not sure if you include that in the mix too. There are farms everywhere, corn, cherries, apples, tomatoes, etc. Traverse city isthe cherry capital of the world, fun fact
Old 01-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #45
Lagoon Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: Nat1111
seller

Interesting thread! We just moved to more of a suburb area in BC from downtown Vancouver. It is definitely more crunchy where we are now and fluffy bums are all over the place Love it!!

http://www.lagoonbaby.com Huge selection of cloth diapers in Canada!
http://www.facebook.com/lagoonbaby
Lagoon Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #46
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Pretty rare here but there must be more CD mamas in other areas of the state. No B&M stores and I only know of one other local mama who CDs (I know there are other local CD mamas but I don't know them). All of my local friends are sposie-users.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #47
tmwmommy
Registered Users
seller

Not at all common though I did see a mom in the Target restroom using cloth once
tmwmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #48
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Not overly popular around here but I know quite a few people who use cloth among the ones I have converted we do have a pretty good bst page that is local and lots of cloth on kijiji ect.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #49
MommaKatie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I live in the Charlotte, NC metro area. Jack Be Natural is "local" (40 minutes) from me. There are always cloth diapering items on Craigslist but I've never actually seen another kid wearing a cloth diaper besides the kids of friends I helped get started with cloth.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #50
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't know any moms here who use CDs. I'm in a VERY not-green city though (we don't even have recycling readily available). I have a cousin who lives in a hipper city nearby, and I think there are a decent number of CDers there including herself. Since making my switch to cloth menstrual pads, though, I have learned that there are some local moms making their own (moms who didn't CD). So a bit of one but not the other.

I have a sister who lives in another country who CDs for financial reasons. Considering that I live in a lower income city, I'm surprised that there aren't more women around me doing it for financial reasons. But I guess it is the sort of thing that only pays off in the long run, so one has to plan and budget ahead which doesn't seem to be the trend around here.

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote