Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2013, 08:28 AM   #1
AzulMariposa
Registered Users
seller

changing naptimes?

Right now, I babysit a 2 year old. So I watch him and my 10 month old, and try to do school with the big girls during naptime. Right now my 10 month old takes 2 naps, 10-11:30 and 3-4:30, and 2 year old naps from 12:30 to 3:30-4. I am trying to get baby napping on her nap cot, and nappin gin the same time slot as two year old. Any tips? I have been just keeping her up from the first nap, and not laying her down until after lunch, but she isnt eating as well because she is tired and cranky. This leads to her trying to nurse more frequently, like every hour. We were down to 4-5 times a day and are planning to be done shortly after she turns one (please no flames-i am completely touched out lately-just cant handle it any longer than that) She typically eats 3 big meals and a snack every day.

Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #2
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
I would slowly move the babies nap later. For example the first 4, 5, 6 days move it to 10:30. If that goes well, move it to 11am for a few days and so on. I would also move the 2yr olds nap back(if parents ok it) a little-even 30mins- so they meet more in the middle. It will take a couple wks for everyone to adjust but they will

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #3
MsGiggles
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: changing naptimes?

What time does your 10 mo old get up in the morning?

Many kids will stick with two naps per day until closer to 1 yr, but you may be able to bump the first nap earlier for a couple months, cut it off after 45min-1hr, then get a longer nap (and happier kiddo in between) in the afternoon around 1pm.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #4
AzulMariposa
Registered Users
seller

Baby gets up around 8. 2 yr olds parents are ok with anything as long as he gets a nap and is up be 4. Baby stayed up til after lunch today and then took an hour nap, (12-1) and is now passed out on me again. I am ok with 2 naps, just want a little more overlap of the two kids naps. As long as baby wakes from second nap by 6:30, she will go to bed by 9-9:30, which works for me. So hopefully this works out