Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2013, 11:01 PM   #31
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does Etsy allow retalitory FB?

I would NOT remove my negative feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissed by the Moon View Post
I am so out of the loop...

Sent from my iPhone- forgive the craziness
Me too. No idea who it is but I know I wouldn't remove my feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenmonkeysmommy1 View Post
Y'all must have secret ninja skills I am not privy to. I am trying to figure out who this person is so I can avoid them, and I can not for the life of me figure out how.
I'm normally all secret ninja like but tonight I'm not in the mood to dig

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_run_with_scissors View Post
So for anyone who is curious, yes they do allow this sort of garbage from sellers, lucky day for all you WAHM wares mamas on here because i will no longer be giving etsy my business
Not cool. That is like telling the buyer that the seller has all the power because they have Etsy host them.Not cool at all

I love Etsy and there are SO many great WAHM's on there but this stinks.

Advertisement

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #32
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

This is a general aside, but I wish who this is could be outed. That it has happened to several mothers just makes me not want to purchase anything from Etsy for fear of being burned. That's not fair to the honest sellers. I get where the outing rules come from here, I do, but stories like this just make me more hesitant to buy at all and that sucks. For everyone, especially the mamas whose every sale means something to their family.
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #33
Cute Little Bugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well at least we know this seller has a negative feedback to warn you.

If you find a seller on Etsy that you'd like to purchase from, you can always google to see if it's possible to purchase anywhere else. Some sellers have another website, or something set up on HC, or if they advertise on DS they can take an order over PM.
Get 5% off with code DSFIVE
Cute Little Bugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #34
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

i wish i could out her too lol but i wont remove my feedback, she deserved it, and im not the only one who left negative (and then in turn got negative back from her)
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #35
almostcrunchy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_run_with_scissors View Post
i wish i could out her too lol but i wont remove my feedback, she deserved it, and im not the only one who left negative (and then in turn got negative back from her)
I wasn't able to leave her feedback because she cancelled my transaction so that I couldn't. I contacted Etsy about it and they just didn't seem to care. I WANTED to leave her negative because family tragedy or not, the lying started waaaaaay before that.

I did however file a JAR, and I think EVERYONE else should too

FWIW, I think that every time someone is brave enough to leave the negative feeback that was so graciously earned.....it gives another customer the courage to do the same....and eventually her business practices will change or she just won't have a business anymore.

I host my shop on Etsy and this kind of thing makes me furious. They have received multiple complaints......it's time they do something about it
Old 01-19-2013, 05:15 AM   #36
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

thats actually a good idea mama! I think i just might have to do that today, i saw a couple against her in there recently

FWIW she was giving poor service before the tragedy occurred, so its not even close to an excuse IMO
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:45 PM   #37
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottermomma

Are you kidding me??? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard... I've never used etsy and don't want to with policies like that.
Yeah that except I use Etsy frequently and now I don't want to. That's freaking ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #38
clothdiapercrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Im on Etsy and newer at it. I had a pretty nasty experience with a seller not too long ago. I was sent a very poorly made item. When I contacted them about it, I got attitude and was not given a solution at all, just told, that is the way we make said item. So I went ahead and left negative feedback, THEN they wanted to refund me, which I agreed to, they initiated the kiss and make up thing and I left a positive but noted, "I was unhappy with item, seller refunded my money after exchanging multiple messages". I was not the only person to leave negative feedback (some had the same issue as me). They were not going to leave me any feedback (or could have very well tried to leave me negative and I am a new seller and didnt want the negative, it really stunk, they deserved the BIG FAT RED NEGATIVE)

Etsy allows retalitory feedback though and I hate it, they also allow the seller and buyer to "kiss and make up". Sometimes I hate Etsy for the way they run their feedback and other things they do. :/

Last edited by clothdiapercrunchy; 01-20-2013 at 05:41 PM.
clothdiapercrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #39
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I heard about this from others- I really admire that you're leaving the FB up because people need to know! I know it sucks to get neg for yourself, but you're doing everyone a service.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #40
allisonmartin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar View Post
This is a general aside, but I wish who this is could be outed. That it has happened to several mothers just makes me not want to purchase anything from Etsy for fear of being burned. That's not fair to the honest sellers. I get where the outing rules come from here, I do, but stories like this just make me more hesitant to buy at all and that sucks. For everyone, especially the mamas whose every sale means something to their family.
I agree %100. I'm so tired of reading stories like this and not knowing who it is or who I should avoid. I like the way Hyena Cart is set up better anyways, but stuff like this makes me scared to even consider buying stuff from etsy. If somebody dares I wouldn't mind a PM as to who it is so I can save myself the time, money and hassle of not dealing with said person.