Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #61
KLeeCW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does Etsy allow retalitory FB?

Assuming I'm thinking of the right WAHM, has she ever made it up to the customers she burned? I've noticed that she's started listing things again. Some of them are really cute, but if she never made amends to the customers whose money she walked off with, then I don't want to give her my business.

Advertisement

KLeeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #62
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
You could tell us YOUR etsy name!
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #63
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numommy
You could tell us YOUR etsy name!
Nm.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #64
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLeeCW View Post
Assuming I'm thinking of the right WAHM, has she ever made it up to the customers she burned? I've noticed that she's started listing things again. Some of them are really cute, but if she never made amends to the customers whose money she walked off with, then I don't want to give her my business.
to my knowledge no this WAHM is not doing anything to make amends, i know some people who ordered when i did (i want to say late oct/early nov) are still without items

shes also leaving negative FB for anyone who leaves negative for her, which is really sad, but not surprising. Its actually shocking that shes still in business and that no one has left negative before now, because apparently her terrible communication, lies, and slow service has been an issue for years.

Her stuff is very nice, but as nice as it is, if you are thinking of the WAHM i am talking about, I cant in good conscience tell you that you should ever order anything from her
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:49 PM   #65
jmrw2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_run_with_scissors View Post

shes also leaving negative FB for anyone who leaves negative for her, which is really sad, but not surprising. Its actually shocking that shes still in business and that no one has left negative before now, because apparently her terrible communication, lies, and slow service has been an issue for years.
To the bolded - there is a time limit as to when you can leave feedback on etsy. I know I for one, didn't realize that, and by the time I [finally] received my items (5 months after ordering) it was way too late to leave fb. Lesson learned. I'll never be ordering from her again, that's for sure.
jmrw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #66
KLeeCW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_run_with_scissors View Post
to my knowledge no this WAHM is not doing anything to make amends, i know some people who ordered when i did (i want to say late oct/early nov) are still without items

Her stuff is very nice, but as nice as it is, if you are thinking of the WAHM i am talking about, I cant in good conscience tell you that you should ever order anything from her
This is what I thought. Some nerve to just come back and expect to be totally forgiven. I honestly would hide under a rock from embarrassment. She's lucky DS is so kind when it comes to outing.
KLeeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #67
christinewith4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well this is all depressing to hear... :-( sorry this has happened by who ever it was...

*MY* shop is on etsy and it is my only means to support my family of 5 as a single mom- and I have 100% Feedback- so it stinks that bad sellers have to hurt everyone/cause them to off etsy... :-(

My biggest issue is people leaving neutral feedback for reasons out of my control-(& I have to ask if I can fix anything after the FB as they never say anything before posting it)
-- I ALWAYS use tracking- it proves when I shipped-- but when I ship with in 24-48hrs (less than my posted ship time on the listing) and USPS decides to take a week to get something across the country, I get blamed with neutral feedback anyway, with nothing I can do... It REALLY hurts.

I'm thankful for no negatives ever, & at 100%+, but its just depressing to get a neutral for something out of my control-- mind you it has only happened (less than 2% of total sales) a couple times in 7 years but I'm a perfectionist and my shop is my passion as well as my only way to support my family...
christinewith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #68
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrw2 View Post
To the bolded - there is a time limit as to when you can leave feedback on etsy. I know I for one, didn't realize that, and by the time I [finally] received my items (5 months after ordering) it was way too late to leave fb. Lesson learned. I'll never be ordering from her again, that's for sure.
really I wasnt aware that etsy put a time limit on FB, i dont like that one bit! That would explain why others were not able to leave proper feedback
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #69
Cute Little Bugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think it's 4 months.

As a seller I don't mind the time limit. It is a protection that prevents buyers from coming back a year later with a problem that is far too late or unreasonable to fix, as in, wanting a replacement for a worn-out item. As a seller you do ANYTHING to make a customer happy and prevent bad feedback. I've had to give a full refund for a $45 set of towels after false claims were made....but that's what I had to do to keep my 100% positive. It's nice not to have to worry about someone pressuring me into a refund 4+ months after using an item to prevent them from leaving a neutral or neg.

I love my customers, they keep my shop alive. 99.9% are amazing. It's that .01% that can make life as a shop owner heck and I am grateful for protections against their antics.
Get 5% off with code DSFIVE
Cute Little Bugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:03 PM   #70
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have always ordered on etsy so freely. I do wish there was a way to warn people.