Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone use Simplex at night?

I tried one last night and stuffed it full as I could. Some nights my ds doesnt pee much until after he wakes up, so that may be why it worked OK. I was thinking about trying it again tonight. If you use Simplex at night, what do you stuff in it? Last night I added a 4-6 layer bamboo insert and a microfiber doubler. Im thinking of seeing if a flat would fit.

Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone use Simplex at night?

We tried ours out last night. DS is 3 and potty trained. He pees at night though almost every night now. When we went in to check on him before we went to bed last night he was wet. Sometimes he wakes up, sometimes he doesnt. Well he hadnt. So hubby picked him up to take him to the bathroom of course I went in like a loony and patted the bed to see how wet it was...it wasnt. I was surprised. I promptly went online and ordered two more lol. It was only stuffed with one bamboo insert (alva maybe? 3 or 4 layer, nothing special). I will stuff it with a flip trainer insert next time. The sides did feel wet but the bed didnt.

Eta: mine had been washed once so Im not sure if it will be even more absorbant after some more washes.

Last edited by sandhillcranes; 01-11-2013 at 02:12 PM.
sandhillcranes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #3
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yes i think they do get a bit more absorbent, but not by alot. the one i used last night was only washed once as well.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was really surprised. I didnt think it would hold very much being cotton but it was pretty saturated. He really wanted the dang butterfly one so I may end up trying to get one of those too. Lol. I washed it so he could wear it again tonight. If it passes another test I will be convinced.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #5
indigo152
Registered Users
seller

I stuff with Flip Trainer inserts. They are cotton, and fit in the Simplex pocket perfectly. We use the OS Simplex snapped down to the middle rise, and I do fold the Flip inserts down a bit.
We don't have leaking issues, however, I am finding that the microfleece on the Simplex diapers is very smelly in the morning :/ Not sure I like that! I wish that the Simplex were all cotton without the stay dry microfleece liner.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #6
7yrslater
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo152 View Post
I stuff with Flip Trainer inserts. They are cotton, and fit in the Simplex pocket perfectly. We use the OS Simplex snapped down to the middle rise, and I do fold the Flip inserts down a bit.
We don't have leaking issues, however, I am finding that the microfleece on the Simplex diapers is very smelly in the morning :/ Not sure I like that! I wish that the Simplex were all cotton without the stay dry microfleece liner.
Your simplex has a micro fleece liner??? None of mine do. They're all cotton. And I have a lot of them. :head scratch: I use mine at night sometimes but I'm not a big liker of stuffing--something about her little butt looking so huge I guess. so they often do leak if I don't have something over it like wool.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:58 PM   #7
BubBubsMom
Registered Users
Formerly: TaReeses
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yrslater

Your simplex has a micro fleece liner??? None of mine do. They're all cotton. And I have a lot of them. :head scratch: I use mine at night sometimes but I'm not a big liker of stuffing--something about her little butt looking so huge I guess. so they often do leak if I don't have something over it like wool.
The OS have fleece on one side of the tongue. You can use it on the outside or you can tuck it in and have just cotton. The sized is just all cotton
BubBubsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #8
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our simplex passed the pee test again tonight. I want more. They work great. We did stuff with the flip trainer insert. Diaper was soaked, sheets were dry
Old 01-11-2013, 11:42 PM   #9
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I stuff mine with two hemp babies inserts for all night protection.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:25 AM   #10
dncnshu00
Registered Users
seller

We use a OS here and don't have to stuff it with anything. They work great!
dncnshu00 is offline   Reply With Quote