Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2013, 09:58 AM   #1
PurpleFluff
Registered Users

Liner vs sposies for not CD safe cream

DS has a bad rash Possibly yeast...we're waiting to see if it responds to lotrimin. I am debating on whether to put him in sposies or just use fleece liners for the creams (I have homemade liners from cut up blankets. I use mostly flats and prefolds with a few fitteds. All of them wash well in case a tiny bit was to get on them. But I'm paranoid about ruining my diapers.

Right now I have him with no cream in a cotton fitted without a cover to air out, but he is going to need some more cream soon. WWYD? Sposies or liners?

Advertisement

PurpleFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
Janet4
Registered Users
seller

Re: Liner vs sposies for not CD safe cream

Don't know about the reusable liners, but I used to use flushable liners w/Burt's Bees which has noncloth friendly ingredients. Never ruined any of my assorted styles of dipes.
Janet4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #3
PurpleFluff
Registered Users

That's good to know. Burt's bees is what we used on DS before we went to cloth because it worked so much better than desitin and didn't dry his bottom out. We still have lots of it.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #4
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have always been able to use whatever cream I needed with flats and prefolds and no liners. It washed out.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hate liners personally.. and i hate sposies! I used prefolds and just used oxy bleach to wash it out... if its yeast you need to do it anyway.

You have any GSE? try 10 drops per oz of distilled or filtered water for wiping bum. I swear by it for rashes even yeast. Otherwise just use water (or water and vinegar), vrs sposie wipes or other solutions.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 01-11-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #6
seacat
Registered Users
seller

All the same sentiments. We don't use either sposies or liners. With your stash you should be fine to get it clean easily. I also use Burt's Bees. That stuff is awesome jsut wish it came in a tub.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #7
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I use fleece liners and it washes right out, but I use tide and bleach in every load.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #8
Mrs. Shawn
Registered Users
seller

I just bought sposies yesterday because my daughter needed Lotrimon. So, I'll be following to see what everyone says.
Mrs. Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #9
PurpleFluff
Registered Users

Thank y'all! I was hoping the creams won't be an issue with my cotton stash. We use the fleece liners most of the time anyway because DS is sensitive to wet, unless he is cover less and I can feel when he is wet and change immediately. So it sounds like I should be ok washing the liners with the dipes? I do use tide powder. Cold rinse with nothing, hot wash with tide to the 1 line (I wash often so they are small loads), extra rinse, then another hot wash and extra rinse with no detergent. It's been working great so far.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #10
PurpleFluff
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
I hate liners personally.. and i hate sposies! I used prefolds and just used oxy bleach to wash it out... if its yeast you need to do it anyway.

You have any GSE? try 10 drops per oz of distilled or filtered water for wiping bum. I swear by it for rashes even yeast. Otherwise just use water (or water and vinegar), vrs sposie wipes or other solutions.
I will definitely be getting some GSE. Ive seen various opinions about GSE vs bleach in the wash, so I may do one of each to cover all my bases! I like the idea of using it in wipe solution. DS cannot tolerate sposie wipes at all so I use water, or a homemade solution with 1c water, 1 tbsp vit E oil and a couple drops of baby wash. I can easily use GSE instead. Thanks!