Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
I'm new here, but have a question about EC

So, my youngest is nearly 4 weeks old. We're doing EC-light on/with him.
Now, he pees in the sink almost every time we change his diaper, but when it comes down to the pooping business, he poopes almost every time he's eating..

I have not yet gotten to the point where I'm willing to interrupt the "meal", and run with him to the bathroom, but maybe I have to try that to get him used to it? He has pooped in the sink on our cue on several occasions, but that mostly happens when we change his diaper in his halfsleep. We can change him like 2 minutes before I feed him, and maybe he even pees, but no poop; and 5 minutes later when he's eating (or drinking, to be exact ) he poops..

Any advice?? I know he's still very little, and that a lot of things can change during the next few weeks and months. ( It sure did with our middle child, but he was kind of the opposite. Almost never pooped when he was eating, but pooped nearly every time in the sink.. )

(Funny smiley)

lilletambur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: I'm new here, but have a question about EC

Some people nurse over a potty because they know their babies go then. If that's not your thing, you could just cue him to go in his diaper while you nurse either before he goes, if there are warning signs, or while he goes, if he doesn't warn you. Mine mostly "told me" when they needed to go while nursing by popping on and off the breast, so I took that as encouragement to interrupt our feed for the potty, but every baby is different.
BinahYeteirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
Registered Users
Re: I'm new here, but have a question about EC

I had that problem when my son was small. Every kid is different of course, but for us, we found that after a little pottying while eating, he stopped pooping while eating if he wasn't on the potty.
magwich is offline   Reply With Quote