Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2013, 11:00 AM   #21
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Preschool prices?

Ds1 goes to a church preschool, 3 days/week for 3 hours. It's 90/mo. For us it's well worth it, because ds has a pretty serious speech delay so I feel like it's extra important for him to have structured time with peers. He also is pretty wild, kind of immature for his age, has an August bday, and has a short attention span (even for a 4yo boy) so I like that he's practicing school now. Homeschool won't be an option for us, so unfortunately he's going to have to learn to get with the public school way of doing things.

I live in a rural area, so we only have 3 options in town. 2 church and 1 community, but the community school gives priority to homeless and lower income than we are, and is fewer hours. All are under $100/mo. In the city, prices are all over the board, from $75/mo up to $500. Some are coop so you get a discount, some follow special programs, and some call themselves preschool but are in a daycare so they charge daycare rates.

As for church preschool, it's pretty generic stuff ime. They focus on traits of being a good human (yay!), usually do generic prayers of thanks and blessings and that kind of thing, and will "study" the common bible lessons and themes. We don't currently go to church but I do identify as Christian, so I'm ok with it all.

Advertisement

misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #22
nevsmom06
Registered Users
seller

DD2 goes to preschool 3 days a week for 3 hours and we pay $150 a month. It's play based learning and she also gets time each day in class with one on one time with a teacher using the waterford computer program to work with her reading.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #23
aylasmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oy I wish preschool was that inexpensive here. We pay $445/month for 4 Half days/week.

As for starting, I think it really depends on your kid. Ayla is super social and I just couldn't give her all the opportunity she needed with as bad as my ppd was when she was two. So, I started her in in home care with my neighbor who was the social mom. They went to the park, did arts and crafts and played with the neighborhood kids nearly everyday. Ayla was still two when preschool started and we enrolled her as she was starting to show signs of wanting to learn more along with her play. She has thrived and it has been one of the best things we could have done for her. Granted this is a school that focuses on play based learning.

I have gone back to work to help pay for it all but truly she is getting so much more than I could ever give her.

Foggy Knits WAHM Page Foggy Knits Facebook
aylasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #24
3girlsallnaughty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I pay $95/mo for each of my girls...3 and 4...the 4yo could go to public but I prefer private. So I pay $190/month for 4 days a week from 8am-1115am. This includes all snacks,drinks, and supplies. Plus I'm responsible for one holiday party a year and 2 weeks of snacks/drinks a year. I chose Valentine's Day since dd's bday is the 13th.

It's a Boy!! Due April 30th!!
3girlsallnaughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #25
ZoeyMakesThree
Registered Users
seller
seller

DD goes to the preschool at our church 3 days a week from 9:30-2:30. We pay $250 a month. She is 2 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
ZoeyMakesThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #26
3girlsallnaughty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh and they also learn necessary milestones for kindergarten ...ie writing her name, counting to 20, all her colors, etc. Public's program is the same but free amd has morning preschool and afternoon jr kindergarten. But dd will go to private kindergarten so I just keep her where she is already. Ds will join 3yo dd in the fall.

It's a Boy!! Due April 30th!!
3girlsallnaughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #27
frugalmomof2
Registered Users

Our preschools are all free, but as of this fall, DS will be in Kindergarten and will have private catholic school tuition of $272/month (paid year round). We're hoping for a little financial aid to get it down to around $200. There's not much choice here, the alternative is I open enroll him into a public school that is a 20 minute drive from here. The public school in our town is a horrific disaster, and I'm not exaggerating.
frugalmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #28
Bellaroo
Registered Users

Wow! I'm really grateful for where we live!

The three year old class at our local preschool runs 2 or 3 days a week from 8:45 to 11:30. Two days a week costs $65/month. Three days a week costs $85/month.
Bellaroo is offline   Reply With Quote