Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-14-2013, 06:30 PM   #11
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had partial previa and moved to about 2cm exactly. My ob knew how important it was to me to avoid a c section, being my first baby and wanting like a gazillion more, so she did not schedule a section for me though I was borderline. I never had any spotting and delivered vaginally with no complications relating to my placenta.

Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #12
Bobbi Jo
Registered Users

Re: Low Lying Placenta

Ok there are a couple different things about previa.....Placenta previa is when the cervix is covered a Csection must be done. Low lying or partial previa is different, as the uterus expands the placenta tends to "move away" from the cervical opening and a vaginal delivery may be possible. Some OBs advise pelvic rest for partial and for sure with complete previa.
Bobbi Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #13
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbi Jo View Post
Ok there are a couple different things about previa.....Placenta previa is when the cervix is covered a Csection must be done. Low lying or partial previa is different, as the uterus expands the placenta tends to "move away" from the cervical opening and a vaginal delivery may be possible. Some OBs advise pelvic rest for partial and for sure with complete previa.
Ah yes, I forgot to mention I was on pelvic rest for like 80 years. Yay.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #14
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep, you have lots of time. The stats are on your side. Placentas are less likely to move if there has been a previous c-section.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #15
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i had 2. one was 3cm away at delivery. not you dont need a section unless its touching or covering the cervix. i will say it did not make for easy labors as my body could not pull up the cervix where the placenta was. so both labors were over 18 hrs where my previous babies were under 5 hrs.
you do need to be careful w sex and towards the end more resting to not cause placenta to bleed from vigorous activity. I would also be 100% any augmentation of labor as this could cause the placenta to pull away and bleed excessively. let nature do its course.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #16
Southern Momma
Registered Users
Formerly: MorrigansMomma
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mine was 2 cm away at 22 weeks. Kinda freaked me out a little. I'm now 28 weeks and went today to have it re-checked. It has moved to 5 cm away. It was explained to me that as the uterus grows, the placenta will be pulled up away from the cervix.