Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #21
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

Re: Most my bills are late..what do I pay?

Since you are current on the utilities right now I would put it all towards the rent. Then I would always make rent followed by utilities a priority over the other expenses.

Advertisement

Mama to ds '08, dd '10, due w/#3 5/13! wife to Missing my angels 6/07, 10/07, 3/12
Let's swag! SWAG friends!
wolffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #22
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

Rent then ccs. My utility companies don't charge nearly as much in late fees and penalties and don't report to credit bureaus. They don't turn off until you miss the 2nd payment either. So I would pay ccs if you know you can pay utilities the end of the month and rent next month.just because ccs are a harder hole to dig out of once interest and fees start compounding.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #23
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Rent is the thing you should pay ...then call the other.companies and make payment arrangements. Make sure u have food and necessities. Put the rest on utilities.
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:10 PM   #24
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Rent is the thing you should pay ...then call the other.companies and make payment arrangements. Make sure u have food and necessities. Put the rest on utilities.
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #25
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Prioritize.

Most important thing is food. If you already have food then next most important is shelter. Tha includes both rent and utilities. In your case the rent is already late so it's the one that is a bigger risk. Pay that first. On the utilities, after you pay rent, look at what is most likely to shut you off- iow, which ones are the least lenient. Pay those first.

The tv, cell, CCs and such can all wait because you don't NEED them. You NEED food, shelter and your utilities.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #26
new_mommy78
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Rent. Most landlords will have at least given you a 3 day pay or vacate, and started eviction process.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #27
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_joanne View Post
Pay rent first. Go down to the office and explain that you have $400 now and will have rest on the 24th.
Is this a monthly thing being way behind or just this month?
If it is just a crappy month and that is why you are so behind then maybe you could use the amex that is not late yet to cover the remaining rent and utilities.
This month is just crappy..I've never been behind like this in my life. And I can't use any CCs because they are all maxed out.

ibotta with me and save money on groceries!
TalkinBoutMyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #28
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl View Post
So pay all $400 to rent and none to utilities? I don't get paid again until the 25th and SO doesn't get paid til the 24th.
Are you in contact with your landlord about the rent situation? Do you have food to last you through the next 13 days?
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #29
betty_joanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

Anything in your house that can go back to the store? Do you have any change in your house to take to bank or cash in at a coin star machine?
I don't know. I wasn't expecting you to say you had four credit cards maxed out.
Once the 25th rolls around will you have enough to cover everything then?
Old 01-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #30
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl View Post
Okay so I'm thinking this is a no-brainer but follow me on this. Oh and I realize I'm in deep caca and I don't need/want to hear anyone tell me how horrible I am or how I could have possibly let this happen. And I also don't need anyone telling me to change cell phone companies, drop the tv off etc to save money. I know how to handle all that..I've hung around here long enough LOL (I'm not trying to be a jerk but I just need to know which bills to pay right now).

Okay so here is what is late...

Regions CC 81
TV/Internet 80
Rent 545
Cell phones 160
Chase CC 72

Here is what isn't late

Amazon CC due 15th
Utilities due 17th
Amex CC due 25th

So I'm thinking first that I want to pay the bills that AREN'T late because I don't want anymore bills going late. But then again I need to pay rent and utilities first right? I don't want to let anything go over 30 days late..regions was due Dec 24th and tv/internet the 27th. I have a little over $400 which will pay my utilities and only about a thrid of my rent. Is that where my money should go?
Make a priorities list. What can't you live without? If you're going to have people shutting stuff off, or denying you service which do you want to keep?

For me that list would be
Rent
Utilities
Phone
TV/Internet
followed by my CCs

As money came in, I would pay them until they were paid in full(or up to date, in the case of your CCs). So if you only have $400 right now, pay that to your landlord, explain the situation, and tell him that he is your first priority as soon as more money comes in, and when you expect that will be. Then I'd move heaven and earth to try to scrape together more money and get him paid. In the meantime I'd also call all the rest of your bills and explain and let them know that payments will be late while you attempt to keep a roof over your head. They may be able to work with you, they may not, but would probably go easier on any penalties because you contacted them first rather than have them chase you.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote