Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Short Waterbirth at home

Well, my story is really short b/c my labor was insanely fast.

I woke up at 39w5d to go pee at 4:30am. Laid back down and started feeling contractions. Woke DH up around 4:45 b/c they were getting pretty intense. After watching me through a few, DH called the MW against my protesting. I insisted that I probably just had to poop and that I would be so embarrassed when the MW came and I was just having diarrhea. DH responded with "If this is a poop, we're NAMING IT."

MW arrived around 5:45am. (she had to find childcare, so it took a tad longer than we expected).

I kept getting in and out of the tub and saying, "I just have to poop. That's all.... I don't want to poop in the tub."

The MW looked at me kindly and said "Honey, you're feeling your baby. It's not poop. You're having a baby."

And at 6:12am, my water broke, I pushed for 45 seconds, and my baby boy was born at 6:13am.

Thank goodness DH ignored me. Last time he listened to me when I told him it wasn't labor, he wound up delivering a baby by himself.

I was pretty tuckered out after that, and I think I was in a bit of shock, too. I remember sitting, just staring into space and the MW asking if I was ok. I was fine, just really surprised! And kind of still processing the fact that I just had a BABY!

Jacob William - 3/10 @ 6:13am 8lbs 3oz, 20 inches. Roughly 1.5 hours of labor.

Advertisement

Last edited by Kiliki; 03-17-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #2
roseyroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Lol! great birth story! Congrats!
Old 03-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #3
Jackalopekat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Short Waterbirth at home

Haha, great story. Congratulations! He is super cute! I really hope my next one goes fast like yours!
Jackalopekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:49 PM   #4
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh sure, there you go being awesome again! Not only do you have your baby on a farm ,of course you have to have an awesome short water birth. You probably baked a pie from scratch right after too! Show off!!! He is absolutely beautiful ,I am so glad it went so well and you and baby are doing great. Congratulations.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:40 AM   #5
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhutier View Post
Oh sure, there you go being awesome again! Not only do you have your baby on a farm ,of course you have to have an awesome short water birth. You probably baked a pie from scratch right after too! Show off!!! He is absolutely beautiful ,I am so glad it went so well and you and baby are doing great. Congratulations.
LOL thanks

glad to see someone remembered me hahaha
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:11 AM   #6
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

Congratulations!
adjroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #7
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

lol your husband cracked me up! Congrats!
Old 03-20-2013, 04:54 PM   #8
babysniffles
Registered Users

Congrats!
babysniffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #9
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki
Well, my story is really short b/c my labor was insanely fast.

I woke up at 39w5d to go pee at 4:30am. Laid back down and started feeling contractions. Woke DH up around 4:45 b/c they were getting pretty intense. After watching me through a few, DH called the MW against my protesting. I insisted that I probably just had to poop and that I would be so embarrassed when the MW came and I was just having diarrhea. DH responded with "If this is a poop, we're NAMING IT."

MW arrived around 5:45am. (she had to find childcare, so it took a tad longer than we expected).

I kept getting in and out of the tub and saying, "I just have to poop. That's all.... I don't want to poop in the tub."

The MW looked at me kindly and said "Honey, you're feeling your baby. It's not poop. You're having a baby."

And at 6:12am, my water broke, I pushed for 45 seconds, and my baby boy was born at 6:13am.

Thank goodness DH ignored me. Last time he listened to me when I told him it wasn't labor, he wound up delivering a baby by himself.

I was pretty tuckered out after that, and I think I was in a bit of shock, too. I remember sitting, just staring into space and the MW asking if I was ok. I was fine, just really surprised! And kind of still processing the fact that I just had a BABY!

Jacob William - 3/10 @ 6:13am 8lbs 3oz, 20 inches. Roughly 1.5 hours of labor.
Congrats!! Mine was longer 5 hours- but only 3 of for sure this is happening labor and I was in shock for a few days. Literally in shock. Took me about a week to emotionally recover!
Old 03-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #10
bama
Registered Users
seller

Congrats! I had one of those labors. My 3rd was born 1 hour and 20 minutes after the 1st contraction. I would take the 4 hour labor of my second over that SUPER intense short labor any day! He is beautiful mama!
bama is offline   Reply With Quote