Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-19-2013, 07:54 AM   #1
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Anyone buy a swingset at end of summer/clearance etc...Sam's club or other?

We are looking for one but need to seed some of the yard so we think we will wait until they go on clearance. Just wondering if anyone has done this and the % off? Or other large summer items for comparison? We are looking at Sam's club for this one but open to other places.

Advertisement

Old 06-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
Liz N
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Anyone buy a swingset at end of summer/clearance etc...Sam's club or other?

No help as far as when, but I am hoping to find a clearance deal too so I will be watching this thread. We are moving next month and selling our current set rather than move it. I am hoping to find a similar one on sale at least, if not clearance
Liz N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #3
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I got a rainbow playset in February and it was the best deal ever! We didn't intend to get a end of the season deal, but I like to do research and this deal came up and it was SOO worth it! http://www.ourunplannedlife.com/2011...r-rainbow.html This talks about how cold it was when we looked at them.

The deal we got was for a higher end model then we would have been able to afford otherwise. I wanted something we could add to as DS got older and that is why we went with Rainbow. The deck was 6 inches higher then if we would have got the SAME model in a current year. I guess they renamed everything and we got the good end of the stick. The playset ended up getting to us in mid March. http://www.ourunplannedlife.com/2011/03/brrrrr.html So as you can see it was still cold when we got it. We did have to stain it sooner then normal but honestly DH did that and it wasn't that bad.

I don't know if other areas of the country have deals like this but it worked out great for us. We also got a shed at the same time from the same dealer so we got a discount on spending so much money with them at once.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #4
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz N View Post
No help as far as when, but I am hoping to find a clearance deal too so I will be watching this thread. We are moving next month and selling our current set rather than move it. I am hoping to find a similar one on sale at least, if not clearance

If I find one then I will post for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
I got a rainbow playset in February and it was the best deal ever! We didn't intend to get a end of the season deal, but I like to do research and this deal came up and it was SOO worth it! http://www.ourunplannedlife.com/2011...r-rainbow.html This talks about how cold it was when we looked at them.

The deal we got was for a higher end model then we would have been able to afford otherwise. I wanted something we could add to as DS got older and that is why we went with Rainbow. The deck was 6 inches higher then if we would have got the SAME model in a current year. I guess they renamed everything and we got the good end of the stick. The playset ended up getting to us in mid March. http://www.ourunplannedlife.com/2011/03/brrrrr.html So as you can see it was still cold when we got it. We did have to stain it sooner then normal but honestly DH did that and it wasn't that bad.

I don't know if other areas of the country have deals like this but it worked out great for us. We also got a shed at the same time from the same dealer so we got a discount on spending so much money with them at once.
Very cute, love that circle seat at the end. I had one when I was a kid. I know rainbow are $$, do you mind me asking how much it ended up being?
Old 06-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Okay the playset was $3200 with a delivery fee of $79.

We added to it a tic tac toe panel for $98, a bubble panel for $167 and a baby swing for $93.

We got a $100 discount from getting the shed at the same time. Sales tax was $247.59.

So I guess we paid $3784.59?? The receipt is a bit confusing and like I said we were also getting a shed at the same time. Order date is February 19, 2011 so things could have changed since then.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #6
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks, yep the rainbow are expensive but really great quality
Old 06-19-2013, 10:04 PM   #7
mkrisel
Registered Users

I've never seen them go on clearance at Costco, but they do seem to go on sake once in the spring for about $100 off. We bought ours last year-best money spent!
mkrisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:31 PM   #8
kinderreruns
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have a Rainbow and it is worth every "sale" dollar. You can find them used on occasion. We will be selling ours next year for we are not going to move it again (on third move with it).

All the kids on the block can be on it & it does not budge. We have had heavy kids (85lbs 5 yr old on it) older kids (12) etc and it still does not move or break. The guarantee for life ones are wonderful. They replaced our canopy for fading during our last move set-up.
kinderreruns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:13 AM   #9
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes, we left our last swingset in our previous home we just moved from. We don't think we will be here forever so I also don't want a ton spent. It would kill me to spend 4k and then leave it behind in a few years as they are a pain to assemble and disassemble.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #10
milkmombaby
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've got my eye out for one too
milkmombaby is offline   Reply With Quote