Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #71
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Jan 13th - 19th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
The 1 hour isn't a big deal to me, tastes like drinking a melted orange popsicle.
So funny how people have different tastes! I have thrown that stuff up; it tastes so gross to me! Not to mention the sick feeling that lasts at least the rest of the day. Ugh. I'm glad not everyone looks at it as torture

Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 10:07 PM   #72
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176 View Post

So funny how people have different tastes! I have thrown that stuff up; it tastes so gross to me! Not to mention the sick feeling that lasts at least the rest of the day. Ugh. I'm glad not everyone looks at it as torture
Maybe it depends on the brand a place uses?? It bothered me more the 1st time than the last 2 times. Who knows!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #73
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
I don't LIKE the orange drink, but it doesn't bother me. And the feeling goes away after I eat.

But... To be fair, my diet is high in sugar on a regular basis, so maybe it's not quite a shock to my system.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:40 PM   #74
kcannon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176
Oh GROSS!! I always washed every 2-3 days!

I agree. They've always told me my babies will be about 6lbs, and they have all been 7lb 6 oz or greater. I imagine it works the other way as well.

ME!!!! I was wondering if anyone else was opting out. My last OB made me do one with my 3rd, and told me I would have to find a different OB if I refused, so I did it so I didn't have to switch. Now I don't go there. Guess I'll find out tomorrow if it's going to be an issue. I'm not doing it though! I'm doing joint care with my midwife and a dr. right now, so I see midwife today (who recommended not to do glucose test at last visit) and dr. tomorrow. Lucky me. I like my midwife appts, but the dr., not so much. She's fine, it's the wait that kills me. It is so cold, icy, and foggy here. Well, at least for here. I'm sure it will not get above freezing today. Dreary, but I guess Oregon is a dreary place in the winter. We talk every year about going to AZ for a month in January. Maybe next year...
Yeah, my midwife wasn't very pleased when I told her I didn't want the test, but she knows I've done my research. It's not just because I don't want to drink nasty fruit punch liquid! Haha! I did tell her that I will keep an eye on my body after I eat things with higher sugar amounts.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:48 PM   #75
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcannon View Post
Yeah, my midwife wasn't very pleased when I told her I didn't want the test, but she knows I've done my research. It's not just because I don't want to drink nasty fruit punch liquid! Haha! I did tell her that I will keep an eye on my body after I eat things with higher sugar amounts.
Oh yes, there is much more to it than that Glad mine is good with it and it's a non issue. We will see about Dr.
Speaking of my midwife, she practically jumped out of her chair to do a happy dance at my 25lb (total) weight gain
Old 01-17-2013, 10:52 PM   #76
kcannon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176
Oh yes, there is much more to it than that Glad mine is good with it and it's a non issue. We will see about Dr.
Speaking of my midwife, she practically jumped out of her chair to do a happy dance at my 25lb (total) weight gain
She didn't bring it up again. She's pretty respectful of people making educated decisions, thankfully. Yeah, my midwife seemed pretty pleased with my weight gain of 17 pounds. She said she wanted to test me for anemia, though. I wonder if it has anything to do with me being vegetarian?
Old 01-17-2013, 11:49 PM   #77
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

My homebirth midwife was VERY hands off with my last pregnancy. I think I saw her for a total of 4 times. She obviously didn't care if I did the GD test (which I didn't). My OB wanted me to this time because there was sugar in my urine (I had just eaten a bunch of candy to keep me awake on the 1.5 hour drive to the appointment...oops). She sent me to get the test right after my appointment so I was sure I was going to fail, but I didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

I'm pretty sure she was saying that her 20 week scan showed lower fluid levels, not that they just found it out at the prenatal appt.

AFM: I'm bummed. Younger BIL isn't able to come after all. Boo. He has a good reason - he's an actor and has 2 big movie auditions coming up next week, and he does need to be there for those I understand... But all the same. I was really excited to see him again.
Hopefully this will mean he'll come out for sure the next chance he gets, though!
Yes, thank you for clarifying. The fluid levels were from my 20 week ultrasound.

Aw, that stinks that your BIL isn't coming.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:03 AM   #78
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra

I like it too. The 1 hour isn't a big deal to me, tastes like drinking a melted orange popsicle. And despite my best intentions my diet is not anywhere near healthy as it should be. I also know people who have had serious complications from GD, and after my loss Id rather be safe than sorry
Me too. It did make me very sick last time though so I'm not looking forward to it.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:35 AM   #79
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176 View Post
I don't like it either. And I feel very nauseated and get a headache for the rest of the day after taking it - not so much fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
But... To be fair, my diet is high in sugar on a regular basis, so maybe it's not quite a shock to my system.
Huh. I wonder if that would affect how your body reacts to/handles the drink. Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcannon View Post
She said she wanted to test me for anemia, though. I wonder if it has anything to do with me being vegetarian?
It's normal for them to check iron levels around this point anyways, to see how much the baby has "taken" - it uses a lot to grow a healthy baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
Aw, that stinks that your BIL isn't coming.
Thanks. At least my older BIL and his wife and kids (5,3,1) are coming next week still, and we haven't seen them in over 3 years... saw younger BIL for a few weeks last spring.
But I'm still hoping he'll come to visit sooner rather than later!

AFM: Gulping coffee and quickly posting while getting a map and directions printed for FIL, then off to pack up food and get kids moving! Busy day!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:41 AM   #80
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a very low in sugar diet and if I use sugar it is like maple sugar or maple syrup. I do not mind the drink though, I think I always expect it to be much worse. Not so bad this last time but def not something I would ever choose to drink. The 4 hr one no way horrible!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote