Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #1
IsabelsMama
Registered Users
Formerly: k***11
seller

Anyone have experience with this First Years folding booster?

It's my backup plan if the new Harmony folding booster seat doesn't come out at Walmart before next Thursday. I need to have a booster that folds because I am traveling alone through airports with my 5yo DD and 3yo DS (I'll have his Evenflo Tribute which he will RF in, so I want her seat to be easy to transport yet safe!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

Advertisement

BF'ing and pumping, CD'ing, babywearing, semi-crunchy, circ'ing, vax'ing, extended RF, non-cosleeping, married to DH for 8 yrs, WOHM (love my job but miss my kids during the day) mama to Isabel 12-24-07, Josiah 01-29-10 born at 32w, and missing my angel baby Abigaile Grace 11-26-12 born at 23w. My blog about our journey through this loss.
~1 Thess. 5:16-17~
IsabelsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:52 AM   #2
Len27
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone have experience with this First Years folding booster?

We have this one at my parents' house in my hometown for when we travel home. My tall 4 yo uses it (she is in a regular car seat at home) when we travel. I don't have a lot of experience with other boosters but it seems to do the trick and the fold in half feature is nice for storage. We like it well enough. Do you want to know anything specific?
Old 01-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
IsabelsMama
Registered Users
Formerly: k***11
seller

My main questions are the ease of installation and whether or not it will be adequately safe for my 40 inch, 35 pound petite 5-yr-old. I am traveling alone to FL with the two kids and trying to lighten my load and get the carseats installed quickly and easily in my rental car! Thanks!
BF'ing and pumping, CD'ing, babywearing, semi-crunchy, circ'ing, vax'ing, extended RF, non-cosleeping, married to DH for 8 yrs, WOHM (love my job but miss my kids during the day) mama to Isabel 12-24-07, Josiah 01-29-10 born at 32w, and missing my angel baby Abigaile Grace 11-26-12 born at 23w. My blog about our journey through this loss.
~1 Thess. 5:16-17~
IsabelsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #4
mommyinthesun
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had one. I tried 3 different kiddos in it and did not like it for any of them. DD was too tall at 8yrs old. The little girl I nannied for was 5, around 40lbs and 40" tall. The seat was just too wide for her narrow body and so I didn't feel comfortable with the fit of the belt. The boy I nannied for was 5 and short+ stocky (44lbs 36"). The lap belt came across his belly.
mommyinthesun is offline   Reply With Quote