Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
dannimom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Red face DTD to get things going

I'm not due for another 4 weeks, but I hope to go early. Anyone DTD to get things going? How well does that work?

Advertisement

dannimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #2
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

I tried with baby #1 to get things going but in the end it didn't do a thing (labor wise). Since then, through baby #2 to now (baby #3), I look at the helping things along side of DTD more of helping ripen my cervix.

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
lolson3
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: DTD to get things going

It might be helping get my body ready for labor, but it doesn't put me into labor. I know my body does react to it this late in my pregnancy because it makes me super sore and have a crampy stomach for 6-12 hours afterwards.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Last edited by Steph Ed; 01-14-2013 at 12:26 PM. Reason: My pregnancy brain was trying to text my husband and posted here! Good grief'
Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #5
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

I second the above posts. DTD will help you get ripe and ready and might send someone who if full-term and on the verge of labor over the edge, but it won't put you into labor at this point though!

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:41 AM   #6
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:

Baby’s brain and lungs are far more developed after 39 weeks...no rush, mama! http://www.marchofdimes.com/pregnanc...st39weeks.html
Old 01-20-2013, 12:42 AM   #7
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:

And FWIW, prostaglandins are more effective when taken orally. Hahaha!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #8
crunchycrossfitmamaof2++
Registered Users
Formerly: smalltownmama
seller
seller

My Mood:
I am 36w tomorrow, was hoping to keep LO baking longer but midwives said if she comes after tomorrow then they won't stop her. been on bed rest because my body's been trying to go into labor on its own..i don't want to even THINK of dtd haha

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
crunchycrossfitmamaof2++ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:08 PM   #9
PinkInk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It only works if you are READY to go...

Here's something I shared on my site:

Sex – Like I said I’m sure you’ve heard this, everyone loves to suggest it, but sex totally does work. Lots of reasons… because of the prostaglandins, and orgasms cause uterine contractions (gentle, nothing that will start labor but like a little uterus workout) and your body releases oxytocin, which is also released during labor. If you choose a hospital induction you will likely be giving Pitocin, which is a synthetic oxytocin (only instead of gentle contractions it’ll make your uterus contract painfully hard and can distress baby). Knowing this, I never let our sex life go during pregnancy, esp the last month. Uhhh am I gonna share this? Yeah… of course I am… we even had sex during labor (my water hadn’t broken) and it totally kicked things into high gear, I started transitioning a little over an hour later!

I explain prostaglandins earlier in the post, but they soften the cervix... it's what makes Cervadil work, though.. that's pig semen.

Birth Boot Camp Certified Childbirth Educator training couples in natural childbirth.

I blog at In Pink Ink
PinkInk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #10
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Worked with my last son Super bowl Sunday we DTD and I was in full blown labor Monday I was a month early but had already been on meds to stop labor since 32 weeks. They had taken me off of them a week earlier (35 weeks) and I had gotten everything done and was ready to go Baby was born 6lbs 6 oz and besides being covered in vernix you couldn't tell he was early at all
jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote