Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2013, 01:05 AM   #1
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:
Bubble of Peace

Hypnobabies mamas, sometimes as our EDDs draw closer it can be difficult to avoid negative tales of birth interventions, even though you know they don't apply to your beautiful birth. We want to support other parents as they make different decisions, and yet it's also important to protect our positive birthing head space. Does anyone want to share positive news this week?

I got my negative GBS swab back and I met our potential fourth midwife, who I really like. She's from a town whose soccer team my DH supports, which is a neat coincidence!

Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 01:21 AM   #2
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

My bubble of peace was yellow and I can still use it- dd is 6 months. Yellow is peaceful for me.
I just literally imagined all negative words bouncing off of my big belly like it were a big bouncy ball. Sounds strange but I think it worked.

We had a beautiful birthday for our daughter 9 days after her official due date.

Had membranes stripped on Monday at 10 am
Tuesday 530 pm serges started but they were far apart and not strong.
10:30 they were stronger but I was saying peeeeeaaaccceee through them. About 1 am we headed to the hospital to meet our midwife there. 2am already at a 4! Spent a lot of time in the tub on all 4s.

Time literally flew by -before I knew it it was 12 noon ( because I was in my bubble of peace) & they broke my water & then I pushed for 45 mins (sounds like a lot but you only push during serges)

12-14 hrs after birthing started baby girl was here on Wednesday at 1:09pm

Congrats on your little one!!!

Advise - the last few days before official due date I would do the hypno cd at least 3 times per day

Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:49 PM   #3
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bubble of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B View Post
My bubble of peace was yellow and I can still use it- dd is 6 months. Yellow is peaceful for me.
I just literally imagined all negative words bouncing off of my big belly like it were a big bouncy ball. Sounds strange but I think it worked.

We had a beautiful birthday for our daughter 9 days after her official due date.

Had membranes stripped on Monday at 10 am
Tuesday 530 pm serges started but they were far apart and not strong.
10:30 they were stronger but I was saying peeeeeaaaccceee through them. About 1 am we headed to the hospital to meet our midwife there. 2am already at a 4! Spent a lot of time in the tub on all 4s.

Time literally flew by -before I knew it it was 12 noon ( because I was in my bubble of peace) & they broke my water & then I pushed for 45 mins (sounds like a lot but you only push during serges)

12-14 hrs after birthing started baby girl was here on Wednesday at 1:09pm

Congrats on your little one!!!

Advise - the last few days before official due date I would do the hypno cd at least 3 times per day

Thanks for sharing your positive birth story, mama!

More good news from me: lost my doula but found a new one, even being as far along as we are. I'm sure it was a positive adjustment to set me up for the best birth possible.

Anyone else feeling empowered and excited?
Old 01-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
PinkInk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think most women in my life know to not try to "educate" or "warn" me... I've been told I give a dont mess with me vibe... haha... maybe it's because I already talk about birth and achieving a positive one all. the. time.

Women often need to get their negative experiences out, just try to remember their story is for THEM not for YOU and look at it as an opportunity to support and love.

Birth Boot Camp Certified Childbirth Educator training couples in natural childbirth.

I blog at In Pink Ink
PinkInk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #5
littlemouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

About my Bubble of peace:
My bubble of peace is round and looks like a soap bubble my husband and doula are in it with me holding my hands and supporting me.
When I visualize waves of relaxation while in my bubble the waves are a sparkly amber color and they slowly wash down my body with each wave going further and further down my body before is dissipates like ocean waves.

I am a little nervous about our baby shower on Saturday in fear that everyone will want to tell me their “war” story. I haven’t really told many people we are planning a home birth or that we are using hypnosis for birth because I don’t want the negative responses. I plan on listening to positive pregnancy affirmations before the shower and then fear clearing afterwards to help clear out any negative residue that may be left over in my mind. My husband is very awesome with reminding that I need to be careful about what I watch and hear before the arrival of our little one. He is so awesome at being my positive back bone and protective shield from negative things about birth.

The most positive thing so far:
Yesterday was a great experience since our midwife came over for a home visit and it made things feel like our little Sprite can come at any time even though we won’t be considered full term until next Sunday. Overall it was such a wonderful positive experience and it made me feel so confident that we are going to have such a wonderful relaxing and easy birthing day! Yay!
littlemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #6
littlemouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh any of you on the hypnobabies moms forum?
Old 01-27-2013, 10:27 PM   #7
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemouse View Post
Oh any of you on the hypnobabies moms forum?
That's great imagery, mama! May you bubble your way through that shower!

I'm technically on the forums but I can't figure them out and they take forever to load. Any suggestions?
Old 02-02-2013, 12:39 AM   #8
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Had a very positive visit with our midwife today, who told me she researched the "bottom line" as a less invasive alternative to vaginal exams, after I told her about it at our last visit. I've requested external observation to assess dilation only, so I won't be distracted from my hypnosis. Does everyone know that you have the right to decline cervical checks? We're so happy that our midwife knows!

http://www.scienceandsensibility.org/?p=5547

Have there been any hypnobirths yet? Who all is doing the program?
Old 02-02-2013, 08:39 AM   #9
littlemouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, I knew that you can refuse cervical exams and that is so important for people to know especially when they have suffered trauma such as sexual abuse....