Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
How do you know when you drop?

Title says it all.... May be a dumb question but I don't think I ever dropped with my other pregnancies.... I've got actual pain in my crotch area and it's freaking killing me! Once I get up and walk around a but it feels a little better. As of last Wednesday, I was 2 cm. I'll be 37 weeks this Friday....

Susan, laundry doing , dish doing SAHM to twins F&J , A , 1 year old M, 3 early M/C's and Baby Jack born sleeping 10/22/10
finleyjudemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
I didn't drop until I was in labour.
Jenna - wife to Harrison since 2007, and proud mama to miss Matilda Quinn(Sept-06-11) and mr Felix Byron (May-25-13)
jennayoung99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:03 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: How do you know when you drop?

My crotch has been hurting since 25w, so I wouldn't go by that as an indication of dropping. I think most people have always just told me that it looks as if the baby has dropped by the way I'm carrying. Also, I can usually breathe a whole lot easier and there aren't little jabs in my ribs as often. With this baby she's always low, so I'm not sure I'll ever drop noticeably.
Trace, married to Shaun 2.21.04
Kyleigh 11.8.04 ~ Tegan 12.29.06 ~ Emmerson Kate 2.21.13
Forever missing Colton 11.5.11 (15w)
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

Dropping varies as with all nine 3 right now I dropped a while before I delivered and labor...
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, amazon-my habit, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdie
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #5
Registered Users
I'm not sure if mine have ever dropped either, since I have never delivered vaginally. I am carrying lower this round (if you can even distinguish with my short torso), and have had lots of "bowling ball between my legs" pressure for the past several weeks. He's not locked into place or anything, though.and occasionally the pressure lets up.
Wife to Joe. Proud, tired mommy to Captain Destructive (6/09), Sir Screams-a-lot (8/10), and another little miracle due 3/13.
Trusting God brings life. Believing brings rest.
joeslittlewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:

I've been wondering this exact question! I went into labor at 35 weeks last time and the baby didn't drop until labor progressed so I'm also wondering what that's like/ how I'll know. I feel like this baby drops sometimes but doesn't stay engaged yet.
Jesus loving, SAHM married to the man of my dreams since 11/10, mama to dear son born 07/11, dear son born 02/13 (always missing my baby boy of 20 weeks 12/09). Expecting a new little one 12/14.
Mama_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #7
Registered Users
My Mood:

I have no idea. I don't feel like I ever did with my first, but now I suspect that my pelvis is just big enough to make it less obvious to me. With my second I got a couple of cervical exams for curiousity's sake (didn't have any with the first) and found that baby was fully engaged and at 0 station at 39.5 weeks, so definitely 'dropped'. However, I felt the same and never would have known without someone telling me. I went to 41 weeks and felt pretty comfortable the entire time. I also have fast labors and both of my babes had perfectly round heads, so I think it may be related. There's just lots of space for them.
Sara- mommy to Claire (01/10) and Micah (3/12) and someone new (10/14)
Birth doula and life-long student of Everything! Need a doula in the central VA area? Let's talk!
songbird516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #8
Registered Users

With both of mine, I definitely went from feeling "normal" to feeling like PP said, having a bowling ball between my legs. I felt like I was walking bow-legged.
Lisa -mother to ER (07/07), ET (10/09), EM (05/13) & wife to Carter
nalazimbala is offline   Reply With Quote