Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2013, 07:34 PM   #11
tokidokikashikoi
Registered Users
seller

Is it actually dirty? It sounds like you just think it should be washed? If you are worried about germs you could hang it in the sun for a bit. You could shake/beat/brush it if you think there is dirt in it. Spot clean any visibly dirty areas. And you should be good. I've had the same wool coat for three years and never washed it. It spot cleans very well and doesn't smell or anything. My daughter destroys her coats though so I'm sure if she had a wool coat I would have to throw it in the wash like others have suggested! Shes come home from school covered in mud twice this winter! I'm way too lazy to dry clean anything though

Advertisement

tokidokikashikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #12
poohbear1208
Registered Users
seller

Does your washer have a "hand wash" cycle? I never go to the dry cleaners, ever. I run wool, down comforters, cashmere, even my wedding dress (gasp ) through the hand wash cycle of our washer, then hang dry. However, we don't have an agitator arm. It's a top loader that functions as a front loader
poohbear1208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #13
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Can I wash this?

I recently machine washed a wool coat. Since my machines gentle cycle isn't very gentle I fill the washer with cool not cold water(I do have to adjust my water from the knobs to get the temp I desire) and a small amount of regular detergent. I let it agitate for 1 minute then let it soak for 20 minutes or so and let agitate again. Then I spin out and to the rinse cycle the same way. It turned out just fine. The liner on it doesn't come out either.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #14
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
I recently machine washed a wool coat. Since my machines gentle cycle isn't very gentle I fill the washer with cool not cold water(I do have to adjust my water from the knobs to get the temp I desire) and a small amount of regular detergent. I let it agitate for 1 minute then let it soak for 20 minutes or so and let agitate again. Then I spin out and to the rinse cycle the same way. It turned out just fine. The liner on it doesn't come out either.
This is what I would try.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #15
ZnBmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would totally wash it in the machine, I'm a rebel like that I wash Uggs, my wool peacoat, etc on low/cold and hang/lay flat to dry.

Hunting and pecking for fresh baby and children's deals! Follow me! CheapMamaChick on Facebook
& Cheapmamachick.com
ZnBmama is offline   Reply With Quote