Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-14-2013, 08:28 AM   #1
koden1977
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Twins

Anyone have twins that did not take fertility meds, do IVF, or have twins run in the family? Just curious...and how old you were when you had them.

Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
No me, but my sister is pregnant with natural twins, they run in our family. She's 27.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #3
Twinvillageiowa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I got accidentally pregnant and had twins at 19!
Old 01-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #4
koden1977
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinvillageiowa View Post
I got accidentally pregnant and had twins at 19!
Did it run on either side of the family?
Old 01-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #5
Heather8183
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am pregnant with twins now with no Ivf or fertility meds. I'm 29. Dh's dad is a twin but twins only "run" on the maternal side so that's just a coincidence. We have no twins in my family.
ES list IDDDSO Gira Diamonds & Stripes ringsling
Heather8183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #6
TwinMommaplus2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our twins were spontaneous with twins on both sides of the family. Good luck momma!!
Motherhood is not a hobby, its a calling, you do not collect children because they are cuter than stamps, Its not something to do if you can squeeze the time in, its what god gave you time for. ~E. Anderson
TwinMommaplus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #7
mandanikki36
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had natural identical twin boys after having 2 miscarriages back to back.No twins on either side of our family.Was a complete shock but we always like to think we had the 2 miscarriages because they wanted to be together
Old 01-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #8
koden1977
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandanikki36 View Post
I had natural identical twin boys after having 2 miscarriages back to back.No twins on either side of our family.Was a complete shock but we always like to think we had the 2 miscarriages because they wanted to be together
That's awesome
Old 01-15-2013, 08:26 AM   #9
MyGlorylife
Registered Users
Formerly: WrapHappy
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've been prego with twins 3 times. All mc'd with one exception- my son David. My mom lost my twin, her mom her twin.
I have a friend that is a micro biologist out of Stanford U and she has twins. She explained it this way-
"Fraternal is from mothers side because the mom drops more than 1 egg. Identical is from fathers side- there is something in the genetic code that makes the cells split. Lots of times when someone believes twins "skip generations" it's usually because there were say fraternal twins born but they were boys so they passed the gene onto their children. Their daughters then had twins. This the "skip".

My friend Angie had fraternal twins on her side and her husband identical. Their first preg was identical twins. Later on they had a "surprise" singleton. She didn't want to risk having quadruplets (fraternal twins that both split into identical twins to equal 4) so they used birth control. Lol

Fraternal is what runs on my side.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #10
koden1977
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGlorylife View Post
I've been prego with twins 3 times. All mc'd with one exception- my son David. My mom lost my twin, her mom her twin.
I have a friend that is a micro biologist out of Stanford U and she has twins. She explained it this way-
"Fraternal is from mothers side because the mom drops more than 1 egg. Identical is from fathers side- there is something in the genetic code that makes the cells split. Lots of times when someone believes twins "skip generations" it's usually because there were say fraternal twins born but they were boys so they passed the gene onto their children. Their daughters then had twins. This the "skip".

My friend Angie had fraternal twins on her side and her husband identical. Their first preg was identical twins. Later on they had a "surprise" singleton. She didn't want to risk having quadruplets (fraternal twins that both split into identical twins to equal 4) so they used birth control. Lol

Fraternal is what runs on my side.
Very interesting!!