Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-14-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
weekly chat Jan 14-20th

I will go ahead and start this ; )

hope everyone is feeling well and had a great weekend!

I saw my dad yesterday which was great. its been a few weeks and I felt bad I could not go sooner. hes located 2 1/2 hrs from me and I have gone to see him 3 times now. not cheap but hes terminally ill from liver failure. he looked really good and he actually lost his speech over x mas and now hes back to talking normally. very emotional day full of tears, realizations and I helped him do his will (cause he asked me to and no one else is doing it) his siblings yelled at him on the phone saying how it should be a group meeting. um since when do you all get together and discuss who gets what when you die? its HIS will. nonetheless it caused some major tension. just seems they want all his stuff. its dumb.

I updated the past thread that I started heavy bleeding again 2 days ago, the same day I had been dry heaving and right after that spell started passing clots. so the heaving was from my bleeding internally ( i get dizzy w periods) or hormones or I had touch of the flu cause my son felt sink the next day.
today I am trying to get in for an ultrasound to see if I am indeed still pregnant or just waiting to pass tissue. my uterus feels a bit smaller and I am not really feeling nauseated at all. not that I feel well, I am thinking more sanely and hope it shows a beating heart in the US, if I can get in. only spotting today but cervix still feels a bit short. its a stupid waiting game here. tried to hear hb on doppler this morning but only saw 100-115 could not hear anything and i cant trust that completely.

Advertisement

Last edited by homebirthmom; 01-14-2013 at 08:51 AM.
homebirthmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:12 AM   #2
mvp529
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom
I will go ahead and start this ; )

hope everyone is feeling well and had a great weekend!

I saw my dad yesterday which was great. its been a few weeks and I felt bad I could not go sooner. hes located 2 1/2 hrs from me and I have gone to see him 3 times now. not cheap but hes terminally ill from liver failure. he looked really good and he actually lost his speech over x mas and now hes back to talking normally. very emotional day full of tears, realizations and I helped him do his will (cause he asked me to and no one else is doing it) his siblings yelled at him on the phone saying how it should be a group meeting. um since when do you all get together and discuss who gets what when you die? its HIS will. nonetheless it caused some major tension. just seems they want all his stuff. its dumb.

I updated the past thread that I started heavy bleeding again 2 days ago, the same day I had been dry heaving and right after that spell started passing clots. so the heaving was from my bleeding internally ( i get dizzy w periods) or hormones or I had touch of the flu cause my son felt sink the next day.
today I am trying to get in for an ultrasound to see if I am indeed still pregnant or just waiting to pass tissue. my uterus feels a bit smaller and I am not really feeling nauseated at all. not that I feel well, I am thinking more sanely and hope it shows a beating heart in the US, if I can get in. only spotting today but cervix still feels a bit short. its a stupid waiting game here. tried to hear hb on doppler this morning but only saw 100-115 could not hear anything and i cant trust that completely.
That's great that you are there for you dad in the time he needs you. I can't imagine what you are going through.

And in the baby front, what a torment! Why won't they get u in quickly with all those symptoms or had you not got a provider yet?
Old 01-14-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
clothdipemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: weekly chat Jan 14-20th

homebirthmom- ss sorry you are going through all of this. Stay strong and I too hope you can get in for an ultrasound to see a beautiful beating heart
Wife 09/06, and Mom to GirlBabyr02/08 BoyBabyr 10/09 and GirlBabyr 09/11 and #4 :Girlbabyr 08/13
clothdipemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #4
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thank you. i have an appt at 2:30, but I dont ever see ob's. I have always had homebirths so see a regular dr for sinus infections and major things. since I dont have an ob I just go into whoever is on call, hopefully they wont just say do some blood work cause Im not willing to wait another 4 days to find something out. I just want an ultrasound. i will update after the appt.

Last edited by homebirthmom; 01-14-2013 at 10:10 AM.
homebirthmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #5
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

and yes my dad situation is alot of pain and heartache. he has MAYBE 2 yrs. there is fighting in the family over his stuff and he didnt have a will so I am entitled to everything. I helped him with his will so now its clearly stated I share a portion equally with others yet they think I want more. um, I legally get more but I am not asking for that. if I could donate half my liver I would!! Im just sickened by what family members can put others thru in such a time of pain. they should be spending good days with him and recalling his past and laughing. they also havent taken care of his medical very well and 2 times, I have intervened, questioned the drs and saved him from death. he had days one time... and me questioning and pushing for other alternatives is what landed him more time. im baffled yet fighting for his care. I have in essence taken on the role of parent for him and I will gladly do it to make him happier for the rest of his days
Old 01-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #6
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom View Post
thank you. i have an appt at 2:30, but I dont ever see ob's. I have always had homebirths so see a regular dr for sinus infections and major things. since I dont have an ob I just go into whoever is on call, hopefully they wont just say do some blood work cause Im not willing to wait another 4 days to find something out. I just want an ultrasound. i will update after the appt.
Look for a pregnancy care center. They tend to be religiously affiliated, but the one in town here offers free ultrasounds to confirm pregnancy. Also, I think planned parenthood would do one.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #7
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i dont believe we have those places that do free ultrasounds to try to stop abortions, its only free pregnancy tests. hmmm, planned parenthood, not sure if they would do a US for bleeding. havent heard of that here either. I have a call into a friend who does ultrasounds at her own office. she will be there tomorrow so I am sure she can get me in. that was my first choice but I called on Saturday and havent heard from her yet :/
i am feeling some "stuff" happening now- cramps or pressure or something. still spotting brown/pink and cervix feels open again and so much shorter. luckily i leave in 50 minutes so I hope a decent dr that will just do the ultrasound so I can get some answers. i have a bit of nausea again today but honestly it could be nerves
Old 01-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #8
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

yeah we have a place here called options 360 that does viability/dating u/s for free...never done them, but thought about them several times.

just search free u/s clinics for your area...should be something

I don't think planned parenthood does free u/s...at least ours here doesn't
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #9
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
yeah we have a place here called options 360 that does viability/dating u/s for free...never done them, but thought about them several times.

just search free u/s clinics for your area...should be something

I don't think planned parenthood does free u/s...at least ours here doesn't
I don't think PP does them for free, but I think that if you call and tell them what is going on, they would probably schedule one for you.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #10
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

homebirthmom - I'm really sorry you have so much on your plate right now. Hoping you're able to get some answers this afternoon.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote