Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
earthmama7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Trying to be patient

I am 36 weeks, only 25 days until my due date and finding that time is moving so slowly. I'm trying to be patient and enjoy my last few weeks of sleep, but it's hard. I just want to have this little sweet squishy boy in my arms. I am excited for labor and my homebirth and it just feels torturous waiting. Anyone have any ideas to pass the time. How will you get through the last few weeks?

Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #2
xtin
Registered Users
seller

Re: Trying to be patient

Pre make baby announcements by filling out the envelopes ahead of time
Journal
Scrapbook
Buy more diapers
Old 02-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
18 days left for me. No patience here!
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #4
NutMeg4189
Registered Users

My Mood:
Im 36w 1d. We are hoping to do our induction at 39w 2d days, so I have about three weeks at the most. I'm having a really hard time because of the pelvic pain. I can't move without being in pain and I'm not sleeping well, so it's hard to find something to focus on that I won't have anymore after the baby.

I'm probably going to do some scrapbookjng for him because I haven't even started, but there's only so much you can do before baby I also want to make a Big Sister shirt with DD. Mostly I'm just trying to get through each day and enjoy the time I have with DD before her brother gets here.
NutMeg4189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #5
doubleddog
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I found this site a while back and always go over it when I am at that point (though, I'm kind of wondering if I'll actually hit that phase at all this time around because I feel SO not ready at this point, but I'm 2.5 weeks behind you!) http://pregnancy.about.com/od/overdu...eglastdays.htm
Babywearing, CDing SAHM. I love my DH and my 3 sweet girls, looking forward to meeting team green baby #4 April 2013.
doubleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #6
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

32 weeks tomorrow and I can't even believe I possibly have 8 weeks left of growing. Holy Moly I am just so uncomfortable and ready to not be pregnant. I just try to focus on baby stuff and that it's a finite process but I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks so it's been a long journey.

No patience here either~ I am really hoping for a 37 weeker.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #7
earthmama7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleddog View Post
I found this site a while back and always go over it when I am at that point (though, I'm kind of wondering if I'll actually hit that phase at all this time around because I feel SO not ready at this point, but I'm 2.5 weeks behind you!) http://pregnancy.about.com/od/overdu...eglastdays.htm
I love this!
Old 02-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #8
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

i feel the same way. i got super impatient in the end with lucian as well. i'm finding everything is starting to get on my nerves so i know i'm there. i'm also tired of her head being in my crotch all the time. that sounds so bad but i know y'all understand what i'm saying. also her head seems to be laying on a nerve that goes to the back of my left thigh and some times it just kills. i'm so ready to look at her and hold her and have a baby again! i keep having little short dreams about her and it just leaves me wanting more :/
Old 02-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #9
Mama_K
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm feeling ready too, I'm 36 and 1 today and definitely enjoying my last few weeks of sleep but really ready to have baby here. I have some cleaning I still want to do and am just trying to enjoy the last few weeks of DS being an only child
Old 02-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #10
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

I am getting impatient and I'm only 33 weeks. I never got impatient with my other boys. Even at 42 weeks, the only thing rushing me was impending induction.

I'm much more uncomfortable and tired this time. I've had constant BH for months, and just a lot of other annoyances. Nothing big, unless everything hits at once. I know it is easier to take care of the baby in the womb, but man I'm ready for my body to get back to normal.

I think I'll schedule a rcs for 41weeks, but I fantasize about going into labor on my own. Question would be if I had the nerve to labor at home long enough and refuse the rcs. But I would have a really hard time agreeing to surgery if i finally went into labor on my own. All just fantasy anyway...