Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
monkey29
Registered Users
seller

Different shipping method

I ordered some diapers on the FSOT from a mama last week. Her price didnt include shipping, and she said it would be $6 to ship in an FRE (which means priority and i get the diapers in 3 days .). I thought that was reasonable, they would fit in an FRE.

Yesterday she sends me the tracking info, which I put into USPS, expecting it to say they would be here by the end of the week. But no, it said it was shipped using "parcel services" and is going to take over 2 weeks to get here!

Its not a huge deal, but IMO, if I paid for a certain shipping cost and service, then the seller should send it that way, right? Or is it totally up to the seller, even if they ask for a certain amount to cover shipping, what shipping method they use?

Advertisement

monkey29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:25 PM   #2
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Different shipping method

If she told you she was shipping in a FRE, and charged you for it, then that's how she needs to ship. I would maybe bring this to a mods attention. Definitely let her know that you're unhappy with her lying though. Not sure if it's worth a partial refund (just $2 or $3) to make up for having to wait after she told you she was shipping priority...
Old 01-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey29 View Post
I ordered some diapers on the FSOT from a mama last week. Her price didnt include shipping, and she said it would be $6 to ship in an FRE (which means priority and i get the diapers in 3 days .). I thought that was reasonable, they would fit in an FRE.

Yesterday she sends me the tracking info, which I put into USPS, expecting it to say they would be here by the end of the week. But no, it said it was shipped using "parcel services" and is going to take over 2 weeks to get here!

Its not a huge deal, but IMO, if I paid for a certain shipping cost and service, then the seller should send it that way, right? Or is it totally up to the seller, even if they ask for a certain amount to cover shipping, what shipping method they use?
I HATE THAT! I have paid for priority flat rate and then had something shipped first class which annoying but at least it didn't take 2 weeks. I'd ask for a refund--or maybe ask her if she got the numbers mixed up since yours was supposed to ship priority and see what she says.

eta "refund" for shipping charge.
Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!

Last edited by thekuligs; 01-30-2013 at 02:15 PM.
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:49 PM   #4
PBAki
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMama13 View Post
If she told you she was shipping in a FRE, and charged you for it, then that's how she needs to ship. I would maybe bring this to a mods attention. Definitely let her know that you're unhappy with her lying though. Not sure if it's worth a partial refund (just $2 or $3) to make up for having to wait after she told you she was shipping priority...
This.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:19 PM   #5
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

that stinks mama! if she charged you 6$ for shipping id at the very least want the difference refunded, she cant charge you more and pocket the change
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:42 PM   #6
Lanae
Registered Users
Formerly: Lanae~1st time mom
seller

Location: Hawaii-Oahu, DH-Deployment to Iraq, My home state-TN
My Mood:
Maybe it didn't end up fitting? I would wait and see what the price is on it when you get it... Would you have paid more for priority? We are all just moms
Lanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:53 PM   #7
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanae View Post
Maybe it didn't end up fitting? I would wait and see what the price is on it when you get it... Would you have paid more for priority? We are all just moms
If she changed the shipping method, she should have communicated that. There is a big difference in 3-4 days shipping to 2 weeks. I think communication is the key.... the OP was not informed of a change in shipping.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:32 PM   #8
monkey29
Registered Users
seller

Right, the seller didnt mention anything about using a different shipping method.

And she had said the diapers fit into an FRE...

I am going to try pming her to see what she says about it. And wait till it gets here to see how much the actual shipping cost before i contact a mod (or ask for a partial shipping refund...)

Thanks for the input
monkey29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:40 PM   #9
BeauLondon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Maybe she gave you the wrong tracking number(for something else she sold).
BeauLondon is offline   Reply With Quote