Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #11
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Do you feel the need to know where your child is?

yes i do

Advertisement

TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #12
eahcapemay
Registered Users
seller
seller

Nope. When I woke up Sunday I realized that it was 8 and that DS and DH had gone out so I could sleep. I never bothered to text asking where they were and they were gone until after 11. If my mom took DS out I wouldn't ask either. Our babysitter loves to take DS all over and post pictures on FB. It's not my favorite thing but it is like a self reporting nanny came. Basically anyone I trust with my kid, I'm not going to check up on.

Last edited by eahcapemay; 01-14-2013 at 04:07 PM.
eahcapemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:05 PM   #13
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by megenic
My kids only go places with DH, and I like to know where they are - but only because I'm a control freak. It's not that Im worried or paranoid. If I had a sitter or (shudder at the thought) had my parents take them somewhere, I would want to know their general whereabouts. The thought of not knowing where my kids are freaks me out. Whenever I see shows about natural disaster where daycares are affected I nearly go into cardiac arrest at the thought of wondering where my children are and if they are okay. Not normal, I know :S
In my book this is perfectly normal .
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #14
kbstanley3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes, if they are not in my general vicinity. What I mean by that is, if we're at a family get-together or something, and Aunt walks them over to the playground right beside of the shelter, then that's fine. But I would want to know they were with them, obviously. Like, don't just come up, take my kid, and walk off. THAT would definitely make me freak out, if I turned around and they were gone. I do like to know where they're going if my DH takes the kids somewhere, I didn't really think that was abnormal? But my DH and I always tell each other where we're headed out to, so I would be weird for him to NOT say anything and just leave. My kids haven't been "out" with people other than myself or DH, yet, but I would certainly want to know when and where if they were planning on taking my kid somewhere.

Last edited by kbstanley3; 01-14-2013 at 04:25 PM.
kbstanley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #15
geez0pete
Registered Users
Formerly: sm***ff

My Mood:

Yes, from anyone but DH.

geez0pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:38 PM   #16
moobiegirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No. It doesn't bother me. If my kids are with someone else, then I trust them fully with my kids. I don't let babysitters drive them around. Most of the people who drive my kids around around good friends or family members.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:11 PM   #17
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

nope, the only people i trust with DD are DH, my mom and my sister. dh always takes here for coffee or to the store with his dad or to his dad house, but i trust his judgement. and my mom has taken DD out and about while babysitting, she has a car seat in her car always and i know she's safe.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:12 PM   #18
cbreeding
Registered Users

DH - no. If either one of us takes any combination of kids with us while the other is home, we usually let the other know.

Other trusted individuals - depends on the circumstances. I don't need to know every detail but I do like for either myself or DH to give approval for taking the kids anywhere.
cbreeding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #19
CandiceM
Registered Users

My Mood:

I generally like to know where my kids are, but i'm not going to go crazy if i leave them with my parents and they take them out to eat without telling me. As long as I can get a hold of them by cell phone I'm good.
It DOES irritate me when my mom has the kids and turns her phone off. I need to know I can contact them at all times while the kids are not with me.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #20
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by megenic View Post
My kids only go places with DH, and I like to know where they are - but only because I'm a control freak. It's not that Im worried or paranoid. If I had a sitter or (shudder at the thought) had my parents take them somewhere, I would want to know their general whereabouts. The thought of not knowing where my kids are freaks me out. Whenever I see shows about natural disaster where daycares are affected I nearly go into cardiac arrest at the thought of wondering where my children are and if they are okay. Not normal, I know :S
You are not alone, I am the exact same way. DH is the exception, I don't have to know were he takes them but he knows my issues so he usually shoots me a text just so I know.
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote