Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
dharmascholar
Registered Users

Building my first stash-any advice

I'm converting to AI2's/hybrids for my 8 month old son. DH won't go full cloth yet, but I figure hybrids are a good step. I'm trying to build a stash of Grovia & Flip covers.
Are there any other shells that are hybrid/disposable insert compatible? Any advice is great. Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

dharmascholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #2
Cpaul
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Building my first stash-any advice

I really like the grovia ai2 they do have disposable inserts. I have them but haven't had to use yet. I also like the Velcro but my husband and mom find them easier. Good luck -I just started about two months ago and love CD!
Cpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
tentrevival
Registered Users
seller

I would stick with those, but I have to say I like the gDiaper flushables best of disposable inserts.
Wife to RJ, who makes the world a beautiful place. Adoring Momma to Efrim Phoenix, my little prince (8-17-09), Julian Russell, my wild thing (11-04-10), Oscar Pax, our little bear (8-16-13), and missing Lucy Soul (1-29-12)
tentrevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #4
OctBaby
Registered Users
seller

Charlie banana also sells a disposable insert, and they're at some targets (:
OctBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #5
mamatobe0613
Registered Users

I was wondering this same question. Thinking hybrids may be the best bet to actually keep my DH going with the cloth diapers!
mamatobe0613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #6
mfergy0625
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was also going to say gDiapers. You can usually find their sposie inserts a little easier. Really, you can use any sposie insert inside any cover. Just find which one you like and put it in your fav cover
Old 01-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #7
Weezieserp
Registered Users

i am a ftm still waiting (due 6 feb) but i have bought both flips and swaddlebees capri covers and the capri have much better flaps (larger) stronger elastic, double gussets and overall seem to be be MUCH better quality. They cost more but have great reviews and look like they will really hold up. have the front and back flap like flips so u can use either Flip or Gdiaper disposable inserts (i have some g diaper inserts and they fit)

i have a friend that swears by the new bumkins covers. they also have flaps that can hold disposable inserts. another plus is eventually if u want u can transition to a prefold or insert while at home. i plan on using the disposable insert when i am out and cloth while at home. i will try to upload pics.
Weezieserp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #8
Weezieserp
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezieserp View Post
i am a ftm still waiting (due 6 feb) but i have bought both flips and swaddlebees capri covers and the capri have much better flaps (larger) stronger elastic, double gussets and overall seem to be be MUCH better quality. They cost more but have great reviews and look like they will really hold up. have the front and back flap like flips so u can use either Flip or Gdiaper disposable inserts (i have some g diaper inserts and they fit)

i have a friend that swears by the new bumkins covers. they also have flaps that can hold disposable inserts. another plus is eventually if u want u can transition to a prefold or insert while at home. i plan on using the disposable insert when i am out and cloth while at home. i will try to upload pics.
the yellow is the flip and the green is the capri. the capri is a smaller size (size one) but you can see the back flap is much sturdier, capri has a double gusset and better elastic. both have a gdiaper small disposable insert inside. plus capri has much cuter prints
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Camera(1) (1).jpg
Views:	20
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	130688  
Weezieserp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #9
QuartzandPyrite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
You can really use any cover as a "hybrid". I have covers from Grovia, Flip, Rumparooz, Best Bottoms, Weehuggers, gDiapers, Thirsties and Bummis and the only difference is some have flaps inside to hold the insert an some don't. I keep a pack of the flip disposable inserts on hand and they can fold to fit into any cover with any rise while still being super trim. They are softer than the gDiapers ones although not flushable and not as readily available, but cheap and easy to find online.

Another product I would keep on hand to keep everyone into cloth is a flushable diaper liner! You don't need them for the breast fed stage but once the solids start and you need to flush the poo they are indispensable! My favorite are the Bummis because they are so soft but I use the gDiapers ones at Babies R Us in a pinch. My husband panics when we are running low and will even go pick them up on his lunch break!

I really like covers/inserts and AI2 systems, I just switched everything over and got rid of all but the cutest pockets because everything is so much simpler! Good luck!
QuartzandPyrite is offline   Reply With Quote