Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #11
PBAki
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Late night snacks?

I'd go with natural or organic peanut butter, cottage cheese, yogurt or foods high in protein. Especially if you're doing something like P90X you're going to want to eat lean protein in slow down any muscle break down for better recovery.

You're still burning calories and you're going to need it throughout the night. It doesn't stop at dinner. There's a huge gap between going to bed and waking up and that extra protein will help your body repair itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotLad View Post
A calorie is a calorie no matter when you eat it.
No.

Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #12
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Ok I got my answer from my little brother, Mr. bodybuilder. Seriously though, he's ripped.

He says eat normal dinner, eat it before 6pm and then before I go to bed drink a recovery type shake mixed with water. The protein will help muscle recovery over night and get rid of the hungry feeling without giving me a bunch of food sitting in my stomach for my body to burn.

ETA: I didn't realize how HUNGRY p90x would make me. It scares me a little bit. I'm a big gal, I've got plenty to burn. LOL

Last edited by 3lilbubs; 01-15-2013 at 03:14 PM.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:10 PM   #13
PBAki
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ya don't worry about excess consumption of calories when doing something like P90X. Even if you have extra calories chances are it'll be stored for energy and not necessarily body fat. And drink lots of water but I'm sure you already know this.