Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-15-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Looking for All-natural Homemade facewash Recipes! Anyone?

I'm trying to find some good all-natural and homemade facewash recipes. I have combination skin, my skin used to be oily but over the last few years it has gotten more dry. I would also like to find some remedies for shrinking large pores. Any recipes or ideas?

Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
Cherbear013
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oil cleansing method! Very easy to make and cost effective. Many women have great results from it.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
luvsgreen
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Looking for All-natural Homemade facewash Recipes! Anyone?

I wash my face with honey. Works great!

Handmade rustic home decor ~ https://www.facebook.com/asinglesparrow
luvsgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #4
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherbear013 View Post
Oil cleansing method! Very easy to make and cost effective. Many women have great results from it.
I've heard of the oil cleansing method but I'm one of those people that is afraid to try it because of my oily/ combination skin. What do you use and what is your routine?
Old 01-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #5
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsgreen View Post
I wash my face with honey. Works great!
What is your routine with the honey? Does it matter what kind of honey you use? Is it good for any type of skin?
Old 01-15-2013, 02:30 PM   #6
plmrsix
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I alternate between virgin coconut oil, honey & a honey/ brown sugar scrub. I have oily/ acne prone skin. These have worked the best for me so far.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #7
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieMarieVDV View Post
I've heard of the oil cleansing method but I'm one of those people that is afraid to try it because of my oily/ combination skin. What do you use and what is your routine?
I have skin like yours and was afraid to try it but eventually did and was pleased. I've been alternating w/ regular face wash just b/c oil is messy when it is dribbling down your hands, etc. while you steam your face. I've been using 50% castor oil to 50% organic olive oil, and it clears my pores better than most washes. No need for toner. With that high a concentration of castor oil, however, I definitely need a good moisturizer. I'm scared to use less castor oil b/c I think I might get blocked up by the olive oil.

The honey method gave me bumps all over my face, although, as I was told they would, those bumps went away after several days. I think it made my skin more dewy, but it definitely didn't clean my skin well enough. It is also tricky to use when you have thin, wispy hair that wants to get caught. I should probably try to do a honey mask once a week though....

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants

Last edited by debcita429; 01-15-2013 at 04:31 PM.
debcita429 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #8
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

You are supposed to spread the oil on your face, then put a hot washcloth on top and steam your face for a minute before rinsing. However, I do not keep my hot water hot enough to do this (I shower in "hot" water only all year long). Therefore, I do little ten second steams all over my face, rubbing a little each time.

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:46 AM   #9
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Thanks for the details, I really didn't know where to begin. I've been using store bought face washes for years, especially the Aveeno Clear Complection and I know there's a lot of junk in that. So I need to get away from that stuff.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #10
cammyM
Registered Users
seller

use olive oil and organic sugar, it makes a really nice scrub. oddly, it's moisturising without being oily after you rinse it off. I havent had a single pimple since starting this about 4 months ago
cammyM is offline   Reply With Quote