Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Originally Posted by Agla
You can make hashbrowns in it.
For realz???

Wife to my sweet DH, SAHM to my princesses DD1 (4) and DD2 (1)
crazyeyesmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:33 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
We love our waffle maker. It doesn't flip and it's just great. Can't remember the brand, but am glad we have it. I like waffles much more than pancakes.
SAHM to Magnolia May (09/10) and Luke Russett (04/13) and wife and best friend to my airman.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:38 AM   #13
Registered Users
We have two cheap $10 ones from Walmart. I make waffles once a month and freeze 50ish waffles to eat for breakfast. Pop them in the toaster on the freezer setting and they are great. We usually eat ours plain or with peanut butter for a quick healthy breakfast on days DH and I are both getting ready for work.

The problem with the fancy round waffle makers is that the leftover waffles are too big to fit in most toasters. I was happy to buy cheap square waffle makers so we could have a super easy option for reheating.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Married since 2002, Mama to DS1 since 03/2010 and DS2 since 06/2013. We BF, ERF, and CD. Always missing our little angels: 05/09 and 09/12.
kanga1622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:33 AM   #14
Registered Users
Re: Is a waffle maker worth it?

I loved my waffle maker until it died. After dh used it It seems my appliances lose the will to live whenever dh uses them. I have the baby cakes waffle stick maker now but I haven't used it yet. Christmas gift. I also have the pancake maker from baby cakes which I love! I make a big batch of pancake batter and leave it in the fridge. The pancake maker heats up in like 2 minutes. It makes 2 perfect pancakes in like 5 minutes. Love it! Perfect for making ds breakfast in the am and I like that I don't have to use oil to cook the pancakes in. One of these weekends, I will cook up a bunch of the waffles and put in the freezer. That's what I used to do with mine. Then just pop in the toaster like an eggo waffle.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:38 AM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by ThreeLittleLovies View Post
Yes! There are so many fun things you can do besides making waffles. And I use my pancake recipe with an added cup of cake mix to make waffles in it. If you search pinterest you can get more ideas. You can pop open a can of pilsbury cinnamon rolls and cook them in a waffle maker too.

I can't remember what brand mine is... sorry
We have done that - YUMMY! And easy, too. But it's difficult to sub in the more "natural" brands - they didn't work as well.
We have a Cuisinart waffle maker that the plates flip over to a solid surface (and it can lay open flat) so it can be a griddle, panini press, etc.
We got it to replace a broken Foreman grill and love, love, love it. We don't use it TERRIBLY often - maybe once/month - but in our teeny-tiny kitchen we have never once suggested getting rid of it to make space.
We like to make a gigantic batch of buttermilk waffles (eat some), freeze flat and then pop into freezer bags for homemade toaster waffles!
I would recommend getting a multi-tasker like ours, as it is very useful and doesn't take up any more space than a regular. Removeable, dishwasher-safe plates are a bonus.
Oh - should mention that ours makes 1 gigantic waffle that pulls apart into 4 at the seams - does that make sense? Totally fits in the toaster.
+ + +

Last edited by DottieHarley; 01-16-2013 at 06:41 AM.
DottieHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:28 PM   #16
Registered Users
We use ours to make big batches of waffles that we can freeze and then crisp up in the toaster for easy breakfasts - or dinners, if it's that kind of day. We do that maybe once a month, and almost never use it in between those times. Not sure what brand it is, maybe GE?
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #17
Registered Users
Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:

I agree, get the griddler from cuisinart and buy the waffle inserts. We use our griddler near daily.
michelle mama to ariana (15) & brand new baby girl robin born 7/29/14
Resellmybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #18
Registered Users
Formerly c****f
My Mood:
Like this??
Mother to two lovely ladies
I make unique custom jewelry.
A $1 from every purchase helps to buy children's books for my local library. See fanpage for more information!
FormallyMichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #19
Registered Users
Our warring pro takes up a lot of room but I LOVE it. It's the kind that flips.
Sarah (25), SAHM to sweet little J (7/11) & L (7/13), married to my highschool sweetheart

"But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that He is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me"
MacMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #20
Registered Users
I can't cook pancakes well but love our waffle maker! I ise it about once a week. It doesn't flip but the waffles are perfect and I'm picky...
Proud SAHM to Connor (8-6-10) and our little born 4-14-13
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote