Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #11
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How Long Are Your OB Visits?

With my OB, about 5 minutes in the waiting room and then maybe 10 minutes start to finish for the appt. With my pcp, 10 minutes in the waiting room and sometimes up to an hour in the room.

Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #12
MacMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

With my hospital midwife last pregnancy, I waited anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour. Now my homebirth midwife, she shows up to my house on time and its usually 30 minutes or so, some if that just chat and talking things through to establish a good relationship.

"But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that He is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me"
MacMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #13
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeweese
Sounds like a military hospital We're to get there 15 minutes early and end up being seen at least 15 minutes late. For me, the most frustrating part iis the appt is only 15 minutes or so.
Omg. The worst. My wait was always 3 hours start to finish. And once I was 10 minutes late due to a jumper on the highway. They refused to see me :'( I was 36 weeks and crying. But they made me come back!
Old 01-15-2013, 11:47 PM   #14
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

Our midwife comes to our house for every visit so really no wait time, lol. She does stay at least an hour it seems like but most of that is spent chatting like old friends. I have been seeing her since like six weeks so we've developed a great relationship. She is truly awesome and I don't know how mama's stand the ten min visits with an OB after waiting around forever before hand, it would drive me insane.

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:50 PM   #15
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
I see a birth center midwife and its maybe 5-10 min wait then 20 min visits usually.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 AM   #16
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

The first OB I went to see for this pregnancy was horrible (well, he was great, the wait time was horrible). I had a 3.5 hour drive one way (we obviously live in a very rural area), then a 2 hour wait, then about a 25 minute appointment. So 2.5 hours for the doctor visit, and when you add on the 7 hours of driving time, 9.5 hours for a visit to the OB.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:43 AM   #17
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981

Omg. The worst. My wait was always 3 hours start to finish. And once I was 10 minutes late due to a jumper on the highway. They refused to see me :'( I was 36 weeks and crying. But they made me come back!
I agree! I walked in at 2 for a 2:00 appt one time and they had already cancelled me. I was ticked bc I'd already skipped a class at school to make the appt.
Now I'm in a centering group. So it's a group of 5-7 of us all due around the same time. Usually the appt wait is maybe 5-15 mins then a roughly two hour appt. I love it though.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:59 AM   #18
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Mine can run late but he is the one that took over for owner I think. Almost all Asians go to him plus he is in our neighborhood. We usually chat in the appointment and was the oneI saw after my dad out
Passed away when I got pregnant with oldest. He it's definitely with the wait and always get sorry for wait if late. very personable and for baby three he will be there. Mine also is like one around here that has done surgery on an ape our something like that as it it's late and my brain it's on pilot......

My pcp if I get sick sometimes longer wait that my ob.....

Last edited by abunchoflemons; 01-16-2013 at 01:01 AM. Reason: wanted to add
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:46 AM   #19
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Whited
It is hard for me to get mad at my OB for the wait time because he is right across the street from the hospital and I know he gets behind because he has to run across the street and deliver babies.
Mine is IN the hospital and same issue. They had really long wait times with DS1, never two hrs lime OP though. That would be awful!

This time the waits haven't been as bad. Maybe 15 mins in the waiting room but sometimes up to 30 in the room. I'd rather be in the waiting room, it's more comfortable.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:54 AM   #20
lolson3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My dr's office is usually really great about getting me in and out quickly. Usually I wait 5-10 minutes in the waiting room and then I'm done 10-20 minutes later. This last time I had the longest wait in the waiting room, but I still got in and out in less than 45 minutes because they made up for it because I almost immediately saw the dr, and that included checking my cervix.

Also, she has been to all but 1 of my appointments in 3 pregnancies (one she was out of town and I was 39 weeks so I needed to be seen and new ahead of time) and delivered both of my babies so far, and hopefully will this one, too. At the practice I went to for my first I saw 5 different drs and then had a completely different dr deliver her. He was great, but I would have like to meet him once first. Luckily we moved and I found a much better practice.

Last edited by lolson3; 01-16-2013 at 08:56 AM.
lolson3 is offline   Reply With Quote