Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #1
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So tell me about softcups for period

I didn't know where to post this so please excuse me if this isn't the best spot...

Please tell me about softcups.

three biggest questions

- how much liquid does it hold? My diva cup holds 1.5 fl oz I can't imagine it hold as much.

- Can you really have sex with it?

- Is there really any reason you need to throw it out after a week besides not being able to boil it?

Advertisement

Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 01-17-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #2
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: So tell me about softcups for period

no one uses them ?
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Old 01-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #3
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

I have not seen much conversation about them here. A reusable cup is much better I'd say. =D Oh I've never used them myself, although I do have and use several different brands of reusable cups.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
MariaLA
Registered Users
seller

I loved them before I got my iud. you can use them multiple cycles. Never tried sex. And I found they were more f a barrier than a cup.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #5
SDJeannieZ3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used them TTC (to hold all the valuable stuff in!) To me, they were much more difficult than a cup to insert. And I agree that they don't hold as much, so they create more of a barrier than actually holding much. And I see no reason why you couldn't have sex while using one- I've heard that you can, but have never tried it myself. Sorry I don't have much more to offer.
SDJeannieZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:48 AM   #6
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s
I didn't know where to post this so please excuse me if this isn't the best spot...

Please tell me about softcups.

three biggest questions

- how much liquid does it hold? My diva cup holds 1.5 fl oz I can't imagine it hold as much.

- Can you really have sex with it?

- Is there really any reason you need to throw it out after a week besides not being able to boil it?
I love them! It took me a couple tries to get it in right but now I'm a pro. It sits all the way up under your cervix, not low like the diva cup.

1) I haven't measured how much liquid it holds but on heavy days I have to 'dump' it every 6 hours.

2) Yes, you can have sex with it in but I wouldn't recommend that on wavy days because it could cause spillage. Medium and light days are no problem.

3) I rotate with 2 per cycle. I take one out and insert another and then I'll wash that one out let air dry so it's ready for the next time I need to change it. I use them for a couple cycles and then toss. You need to make sure and clean the 'rim' with a qtip because there is a crease where the rim and clear plastic meets.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks so much for the info!