Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #91
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Jan 16-31)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
I think I wouldn't be doing them with only a previous 35 weeker. I mean, I know that's premature... but it's not really seriously preemie, kwim?
Possibly if I felt fine I would do the shots, but not with horrid side effects. And it's likely I wouldn't even start them at all with only that history.

AFM: Mentioned above - I haven't been away by choice, my computer's jack and cord are shot and we're waiting on the shop to replace it. Should get it back sometime next week Until I do, I have to jump on for a few minutes at my in-laws' house - but I don't like spending too much time tucked off in the computer room when I should be visiting!

In Hiccup news, absolutely nothing new, lol. I think he may be breech... but I'm not totally sure. Could be just my paranoia too, lol. But lots of movements, regular from day to day, definitely making the "kick counts". Just lovin' this last pregnancy!
Thanks for the advice/opinion... glad to know I'm not strange for thinking this way... I never really thought a 35 weeker was THAT early early... at least not enough to make me have to take these shots... I think I'm going to give them one more week and see how I react this week and if I get another horrid headache I'm done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Well, here's the link again just in case postpartum brain got me.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7698816&type=1
Seriously gorgeous photos!! What a cutie he is, Andrea!! I sooo can't wait to have a newborn of my own to love on!!!!

Advertisement

Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:19 AM   #92
ingrid5699
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle'smom View Post
Hi everyone. I'm not new to DS, but I am new to this forum and hoping I can join you all. I have a DD who will be three in May and another little girl OTW, also due in May. Last January I experienced a loss at 11 weeks that turned out to be a partial molar pregnancy. It has definitely made me very cautious/wary this time around. I'm finally far enough along (25w) that I'm feeling constant movement which is very reassuring, but I also have marginal placenta previa so I'm a bit on edge about that. I hope to get to know you all better in the coming weeks!
Welcome! I'm also due in May and also have a placenta praevia marginalis.

Thanks everyone for the hugs. I'm really down about this all because being nauseous and puking AND in pain is just a lot to deal with no matter how badly I want this baby. Good thing we had already decided on this being our last!
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #93
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
AFM: I had a midwife appt. yesterday, measuring on track but we are doing an u/s in the next couple weeks just to be sure she is growing properly because she has a two vessel cord. I have almost everything set for the home water birth, only one or two more things to collect. My home visit is on Thursday and we are down to the final countdown! About 7ish weeks to go, maybe less with my history of delivering early!
Glad they're keeping a close eye on her! Do you know when your u/s will be yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiejo View Post
had to move my first appt to next Thursday and DS woke up sick last Thursday. Oh well. lol. I'm 15w today.
Hope your son is feeling better this week and fx for a good first appt on Thursday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699 View Post
AFM-*sigh* I'm so done being pregnant already. I made a bad movement Friday and my mild SPD went to severe and I can't walk, can't go up or down stairs, can't sleep etc. Oh and that is on top of the still raging hyperemesis. I have no idea how I will survive 18 more weeks. Still thankful to be pregnant but seriously can I please catch a break?!? (didn't even mention the placenta praevia marginalis here or did I?!) Going to call my ortho tomorrow and will try and get seen by a chiropractor quickly. Though I have no idea how to get there.
I'm sorry that you have so much on your plate right now. I can't imagine dealing with all of that at the same time! Did you get to talk to your ortho and make a chiro appt yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle'smom View Post
Hi everyone. I'm not new to DS, but I am new to this forum and hoping I can join you all. I have a DD who will be three in May and another little girl OTW, also due in May. Last January I experienced a loss at 11 weeks that turned out to be a partial molar pregnancy. It has definitely made me very cautious/wary this time around. I'm finally far enough along (25w) that I'm feeling constant movement which is very reassuring, but I also have marginal placenta previa so I'm a bit on edge about that. I hope to get to know you all better in the coming weeks!
Welcome to our little group! It's so nice that we have those movements to reassure us during a time when it's easy for our minds to try and convince us otherwise.
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #94
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congrats Susan!

Love the pics of J, Andrea
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #95
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congrats Susan!

Love the pics of J, Andrea
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #96
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok, so I talked to my OB this morning... she was kind of pushing for me to remain on the progesterone shots weekly... she feels really strongly that I'll go earlier with this baby than I did with the first one and this is a good preventative... I agreed to keep doing them IF she would prescribe me something safe that is stronger than Tylenol to help with the increased headaches... she prescribed Fioricet for me... if this helps, then great, if not, I'm going to stop the shots... so I'm still giving them a chance...

Oh! In other big news, I am finally feeling TRUE baby movements!!! It started Thursday night (turned 18 weeks on Friday) and I've felt her bopping away in there every day since! She's an active little gal!!!
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #97
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry
Ok, so I talked to my OB this morning... she was kind of pushing for me to remain on the progesterone shots weekly... she feels really strongly that I'll go earlier with this baby than I did with the first one and this is a good preventative... I agreed to keep doing them IF she would prescribe me something safe that is stronger than Tylenol to help with the increased headaches... she prescribed Fioricet for me... if this helps, then great, if not, I'm going to stop the shots... so I'm still giving them a chance...

Oh! In other big news, I am finally feeling TRUE baby movements!!! It started Thursday night (turned 18 weeks on Friday) and I've felt her bopping away in there every day since! She's an active little gal!!!
My husband the same headache medication and it does a great job for him. I hope it works well for you too! And a big fat hooray for baby movement!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:44 AM   #98
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Insomnia would be so much more tolerable with a cute newbie to snuggle with. Instead I get a snoring husband. Oy!
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:13 AM   #99
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sounds like everyone is moving along nicely...

Thank you all for the congrats and we'll wishes! Maeve is truly a blessing to us. She is doing well. I'm nursing as much as I can but I think I may have to supplement a little as I don't produce enough milk. I'm trying my hardest though...She's came home a little jaundice do we're worrying ourselves about that as well. We haven't had a newborn in the house for almost 6 years so it's new again :-)
Old 01-30-2013, 04:03 PM   #100
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

carlycurry: YAY baby movements! They always make me feel SO much better Have you tried drinking a coke to help with the headache? I had horrible migraines often until about two months ago with this pregnancy and it was the only thing that would take the edge off.

TS8213: I hear that! At least I have embroidery to do, the ladies from our DDC are keeping my hands nice and busy when my brain refuses to power down!

AFM: I have an appt. now for my follow up ultrasound, I am going back on 2/16. Hopefully baby girl is measuring on track and we do not have to induce but it is better to be safe then sorry. I am measuring correctly in my appts so hopefully she is doing just fine