Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2013, 04:14 AM   #31
willownz
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonrose View Post

This website has pictures of various gestational ages: http://www.stillbirthday.com/

I had a loss recently and seeing pictures helped me prepare for the reality.
The above website helped my whole family greatly. I have just had (2 days ago) a 19 week loss. I went through a medically induced labour at the hospital.
My husband and I looked at the pics and read the stories and our experience was pretty much the same. We also showed the pics to the kids before we showed them Ben and they were able to understand much better.

Advertisement

Old 01-19-2013, 09:03 AM   #32
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: for those w miscarriage after 7 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by megshmeg View Post

Eta: If you personally want pictures of what to expect, I have some (I also searched high and low for photos when I was that far along and about to miscarry). Although because my m/c at that gestational age took so long, the baby sort of "reabsorbed" into the sac and much of the baby was not recognizable, but we could clearly tell the baby's eyes and head. If you m/c very soon, I am sure you will have a different experience.
yes you may send me a link via messages here to see pics please or just put them in the message. I would be grateful for that.

going to check that website now. thanks for passing it on
Helen, so so sorry for your loss. I read your thread and updates right after your labor. wow. i do hope you heal quickly.

Last edited by homebirthmom; 01-19-2013 at 09:04 AM.
homebirthmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #33
willownz
Registered Users

My Mood:
Thankyou physically I am fine. Emotionally I have good moments and then bad.

Kiwi mum of 4 including Benjamin born still at 19 weeks on Jan 17th 2013.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:48 AM   #34
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

still puking, still waiting no spotting or contractions.
yesterday I only had one bout of nausea and nearly passed out.
this sucks so bad.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #35
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

oh no sweetie

you are planning on starting the herbs today right? Hope those help move things along
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:27 PM   #36
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom View Post
still puking, still waiting no spotting or contractions.
yesterday I only had one bout of nausea and nearly passed out.
this sucks so bad.
Aw, I'm so sorry you have to feel this way. I second taking the herbs asap. That way you can start to feel a little better physically and mentally.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #37
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i didnt take them last night cause of several things (kids here, i came home to a new puppy, i was already feeling ill)
but I dreamt I was bleeding last night and think today is the day to start. I just had a good breakfast and will take something in 20 mins. my cervix is pretty short and soft and i had a tad bit of a plug come out last night.
Im still scared to start cramping cause I dont want to excessively bleed.

UPDATE: I didnt take anything cause my kids got sick. its just one thing after another here. and on top of that, i am still so nauseated and feeling crappy cause im also constipated from pregnancy hormones. I will just let you know when this ends. i am starting to have a feeling it might be like my 6 weeks miscarriage where I stop bleeding and a week later I pass tissue w out contractions or blood. it just fell out while peeing.

Last edited by homebirthmom; 01-22-2013 at 09:16 AM.
homebirthmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #38
flmamao2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How are you feeling mama? I left the Facebook group, but thought I could still find you here. I went for my appointment today and uterus is empty. My body did it all on its own. Saturday had been the worst of it with heavy cramping and bleeding nausea and vomiting. Now just mild cramping and bleeding heavier than a normal period. My tests are still positive but fading more every day. My doctor wants 2 normal cycles before we try again.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #39
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flmamao2 View Post
How are you feeling mama? I left the Facebook group, but thought I could still find you here. I went for my appointment today and uterus is empty. My body did it all on its own. Saturday had been the worst of it with heavy cramping and bleeding nausea and vomiting. Now just mild cramping and bleeding heavier than a normal period. My tests are still positive but fading more every day. My doctor wants 2 normal cycles before we try again.
so sorry sweetie.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #40
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by flmamao2 View Post
I'm so sorry!

Yes how are you feeling? I saw your update. I hope things start naturally soon.