Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #51
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: for those w miscarriage after 7 weeks

I had 2 d&c's with my previous m/c and to me personally I liked it much better than the waiting aroudn to see when something was going to happen. I was able to move on and start the healing process.

Advertisement

Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #52
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

when i asked that dr he only said d &c but that natural would be best. i read that some do cytotec but I guess the guy i saw doesnt give it since he didnt bring it up.

so many times w the symptoms, I keep questioning, maybe I still am, perhaps there is a heart beat, then I recall seeing that bean lifeless and the tissue showing blood around it and pulling away from the walls of my uterus. i havent had any growth, uterus is a bit smaller too.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #53
Liaklong
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So sorry mama! I had a similar thing happen. There was no heartbeat in my 7wk ultrasound, so they did a follow up at 8wks & could tell that the sac had collapsed by then. My body didn't miscarry until I was almost 11wks. Those 3-4 weeks of waiting for my body to realize was really tough. I had all the pregnancy symptoms too. But I got super sick right before I started contractions. I hope you don't have to wait much longer . My thoughts are w/you.
Liaklong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #54
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

liaklong, did contractions just start on own and you started spotting ? how long after that? i started dong quai/angelica today. trying to avoid b & b as that seems to make cervix shut. (the opposite of what it should do)
Old 01-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #55
Liaklong
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom
liaklong, did contractions just start on own and you started spotting ? how long after that? i started dong quai/angelica today. trying to avoid b & b as that seems to make cervix shut. (the opposite of what it should do)
I started contractions & spotting on my own, but it was slow going. I was violently I'll though (couldn't stop vomiting, etc), so my OB had me come in to his office. I trusted him whole heartedly as he was one of the kindest souls I've ever met. He knew I wanted to avoid a d&c, so he actually suctioned some of the blood & tissue out for me. I was about 2cm when he did that. It helped the process not drag on. After he suctioned me I went home & he had me take a pill that kept my contractions going. Later that night I passed the sac. A week later he did another ultrasound to make sure it had all passed & it had. I conceived again two cycles later.
Liaklong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #56
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ah, I think you took cytotec then.

well the good news and hopefully it continues is, the dong quai is showing to have great effect. I passed a large clot, cervix open a bit again and i think i see tiny bits of tissue as its dark whitish. but its tiny. still have dark bleeding but its quite light. (kind of thankful for that) my uterus is quite hard. i just hope this is going to finish tonight. i will take dong quai all night if I have to. i just want this done :'(

UPDATE: yep small bits of tissue are coming now. I saw clear mucus and shortly after that I saw the tissue. its all broken up tho. not sure I will see any sac. just thankful I am not bleeding heavily. weirdest miscarriage I ever heard of or seen.
9:45pm water broke. wasnt expecting that. about 3 tablespoons came out immediately after. praying the tissue passes now

Last edited by homebirthmom; 01-30-2013 at 08:58 PM.
homebirthmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:56 PM   #57
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hallelujah my water broke at 9:45, i had clots within 15 minutes and then I passed the tissue which looked like a perfect smooth sac or placenta. i did take pics if anyone wants to see. i think i see a ever so small nub in there but its only about the size of a this line __ it was attached to the end of the sac. it does look older but the sac looks fresh like its been growing till today. passing a TON of clots so I am resting on couch and trying to not pee to often as i get about 6 clots then. feeling contrx come and go now.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:18 PM   #58
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom View Post
hallelujah my water broke at 9:45, i had clots within 15 minutes and then I passed the tissue which looked like a perfect smooth sac or placenta. i did take pics if anyone wants to see. i think i see a ever so small nub in there but its only about the size of a this line __ it was attached to the end of the sac. it does look older but the sac looks fresh like its been growing till today. passing a TON of clots so I am resting on couch and trying to not pee to often as i get about 6 clots then. feeling contrx come and go now.

so glad the process has started

take it easy sweetie
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #59
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

by far this is much harder than any miscarriage I had. my body feels like it gave birth. so achy down there, swollen and throbby sensation. the bleeding is also nothing like I have seen. its like syrup mixed with a mucus plug. very heavy and many clots each day. im so exhausted by 6pm each day i have to sleep alot. my nips are leaking and sore.

thanks to all those who chimmed in. very few people knew so I sorta had to vent here.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #60
ambieone
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom
by far this is much harder than any miscarriage I had. my body feels like it gave birth. so achy down there, swollen and throbby sensation. the bleeding is also nothing like I have seen. its like syrup mixed with a mucus plug. very heavy and many clots each day. im so exhausted by 6pm each day i have to sleep alot. my nips are leaking and sore.

thanks to all those who chimmed in. very few people knew so I sorta had to vent here.
Be careful with all the bleeding, try to keep an eye on it. I bled a lot with my 13wk Mc and probably should have gone in. hopefully it ends soon for you.
ambieone is offline   Reply With Quote