Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2007, 04:08 PM   #1
firethorn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
When do you start getting sick?

Another thread got me to thinking. I have always had nausea (MS, but all day )for a few months. I dont have it now and am wondering. Has it just not hit or will I pass it for the first time.
When do you usually get sick? How long does it last?
Im worried that maybe the hormones are not strong enough to get me sick and there for not strong enough to sustain the pregnancy.

Advertisement

Lynn, wife to one crazy Indian, mum to 13 blessings under foot and 4 at God's feet,unschooling, animal loving, mountain girl, domestic eng., survivalist, extremely devoted, value a word given, hopeless dreamer, hard to please, easy to please, homeopathic Dr. mum, gov. hating freedom advocate, believer in love, apocalypse, dragons and unicorns,[URL="http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=870947"]
firethorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:23 PM   #2
katy_mb3
Registered Users
seller

Re: When do you start getting sick?

pg #1 - started @ wk 6, lasted until wk 14
pg#2 - wk 6-14
pg#3 - wk 8-13

I wouldn't worry at all if I were you. How far along are you? I thought I was going to get lucky with this pregnancy because I didn't get sick as early as I normally do. However, I made up for it in intensity once it finally did hit.

Good luck - I hope you dont get any and sail right through this first trimester!! Congrats on your pregnancy!
katy_mb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:47 PM   #3
firethorn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Supposedly due Dec 11th. So? what 8 weeks?
I think the longer you do this they all run togeather. That's why I can remember specifics on everything. I certainly could not tell you when on anything. Only weather or not it happened.
Lynn, wife to one crazy Indian, mum to 13 blessings under foot and 4 at God's feet,unschooling, animal loving, mountain girl, domestic eng., survivalist, extremely devoted, value a word given, hopeless dreamer, hard to please, easy to please, homeopathic Dr. mum, gov. hating freedom advocate, believer in love, apocalypse, dragons and unicorns,[URL="http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=870947"]
firethorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:09 PM   #4
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was sick from day one until the Saturday before I delivered (DS born on Tuesday morning). Which, coincidentially, was the one and only time that I had a craving. BBQ ribs with french fries and mayo........But I've always been complicated so no surprise there. It got to the point where I couldn't eat anything that wasn't made by me. And it wasn't morning sickness for me, it was ALL DAY sickness. But, like I said, I've always been complicated, lol...
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:50 PM   #5
dreamtiger
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

when you say you were sick from day one, do you mean, like the day after you DTD?
I'm wondering too because later the same day after we DTD without protection, I was feeling nauseous... is this paranoia??

sorry I don't mean to steal this thread !!

wife to DH Chris and mom to beautiful Esther 8/12/06
dreamtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:04 AM   #6
vienna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't remember when I started getting sick with my DS, but I do remember getting sick only twice a day for about a week. Now with my DD I started getting all day sickness around week 9 and it seemed to last forever, but around 14 weeks it finally went away. I actually had to leave my BIL's wedding because they had catered BBQ and the smell had my stomach rolling.

I was hoping to avoid it this time, but I know I am not that lucky.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:11 AM   #7
mommytaylor
Banned
seller

OMG you sound IDENTICAL to me. weeks 2-11 I was out of commision with all day MS. Life was hell - as you know.

I'm in the same boat right now at 13 weeks - it's completely gone (just like THAT) and I'm glad but it worries me as well -- my OB said not to worry, everything is perfectly fine, the babe is doing great... my hormones are constantly changing and MS can disappear like THAT... or appear just as quickly and potent.
mommytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:13 AM   #8
Mommy2Cadence
Registered Users
seller
seller

Never! HAHAHA. No really I haven't had it yet with this dc and never had it with dd.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:32 PM   #9
Mickiswing
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With baby #1 I got MS nausea 24/7 around 8 weeks and the hard part lasted until about 14 weeks, though I frequently puked all the way through delivery, just didn't feel constantly sick.

With baby #2 it was around 7 weeks, got better around 13 and did the same as before.

With baby #3, it was 5 weeks, only about a week after testing positive and had it severely through 24 weeks. After 24 weeks it was gone, which was nice!

With this one, I think it was about 6.5 weeks, and I'm 12 weeks tomorrow. It hasn't been quite so severe and seems to be lessening a little.

I wouldn't worry too much since every pregnancy is different, even for the same mama. I just hope you're lucky enough to have the nausea train pass you by Good luck!
Old 05-17-2007, 02:41 PM   #10
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With baby #1~started at 7wks, thats when I found out I was pregnant.

Baby #2~found out I was preggers at 4wks! And m/s didn't start until 6wks