Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #1
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Even though I'm team green- I guess I'm having a girl- Update on post 14!

So I went to my appoinment this a.m. and I don't know if she didn't realize she did it or forgot we were team green but she called my baby a she 4 times while I was in there so I guess I 'm having a girl. I didn't say anything to her but I do feel disappointed. Not because I'm having a girl but because this was our first surprise baby and I really didn't want to find out until I had her. Am I just being stupid? I just feel like I waited (which was REALLY hard) just to have my surprise ruined.

Advertisement

Last edited by 812ajack; 05-03-2013 at 07:37 AM.
812ajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:11 AM   #2
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Even though I'm team green- I guess I'm having a girl

*crashing*
Some techs just pick a gender instead if saying *it*, mine was called a He at my 12 week appt and I know she couldn't tell yet though I don't know if there is any way of verifying at without actually finding out!!
Old 03-26-2013, 08:14 AM   #3
MadeofStarStuff
Registered Users
seller
seller

DDC--Was this an ultrasound appointment? My tech calls all babies "he". She did it at my 6 week scan and made a point to tell me that she always says "he". My OB nurse, when listening for the heartbeat, has always said "she", even at the earliest appointment. I don't think it necessarily means your surprise was ruined; it could be a case like this.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #4
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

No she just listened to the HB and measured. But she is the one who did my US so she is the only one who knows what it is. I know some people just give it a gender when talking about it but she never has done that until today. I think she just forgot that I didn't know or didn't realize she was saying it.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #5
PaisleyDeann
Registered Users

My Mood:
I have two girls and am due in July and team green this time... When I had my ultrasound appointment the tech said she didn't even look at gender since we weren't wanting to know. My midwife will occasionally refer to baby as a girl but I know that gender was not included in the ultrasound report so she has no idea. I think it's because she knows I have girls so she just refers to baby as such. Idk .... I understand your disappointment as I truly did not want to know this time either but I really don't think it absolutely means that's what it is. If it was just your regular doctor I doubt they even know gender..... From my understanding they don't usually include that in your 20 week ultrasound report

PaisleyDeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:23 AM   #6
PaisleyDeann
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 812ajack
No she just listened to the HB and measured. But she is the one who did my US so she is the only one who knows what it is. I know some people just give it a gender when talking about it but she never has done that until today. I think she just forgot that I didn't know or didn't realize she was saying it.
Do you know if she noted gender during your ultrasound?

PaisleyDeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #7
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaisleyDeann View Post
I have two girls and am due in July and team green this time... When I had my ultrasound appointment the tech said she didn't even look at gender since we weren't wanting to know. My midwife will occasionally refer to baby as a girl but I know that gender was not included in the ultrasound report so she has no idea. I think it's because she knows I have girls so she just refers to baby as such. Idk .... I understand your disappointment as I truly did not want to know this time either but I really don't think it absolutely means that's what it is. If it was just your regular doctor I doubt they even know gender..... From my understanding they don't usually include that in your 20 week ultrasound report
My MD actually does the US. She is the only one I've seen this time around. We asked her if she saw what it was when she did the US and she said she was pretty sure she knew (which to me means she knows) now whether she wrote it down anywhere, IDK
Old 03-27-2013, 06:51 AM   #8
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just have to say how sweet my son is. Just for backround my main reason for not finding out what we were having is that I know my son wants a brother and the last couple times we found out at the US he was upset when he found out it was not a boy (granted he was younger and not able to process you can't chose what you have) Anyways I told him that she pretty much told me yesterday that we were having another girl and he said "that's ok Mom, I love playing with all my sisters and I'm sure this one will be just as fun so I'm happy" I'm so grateful for all of my children and maybe plan to have a couple more God willing and will be grateful for all no matter what they are
Old 03-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #9
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am sorry your surprise may have been spoiled. How disappointing and frustrating.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #10
wrensmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was going to say the same thing that others said. That your doctor probably didn't know, but if she did the ultrasound... and already told you she could tell... hmmm. I can't imagine her remembering the gender without writing it down though?! It's possible she was just saying 'she'.

With both of my previous pregnancies the ob/midwife (different) referred to the baby as a 'she'. The first time my husband and I looked at each other with wide eyes like NO she didn't! (we were team green) I asked her about it and she said she actually didn't know since the ultrasound tech didn't put it in the report... she just had a feeling. She was right (the OB)... the midwife was wrong ... but neither knew... it was just a guess.

I know it's different with you since your doctor actually did the ultrasound, but you might still be surprised!