Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2013, 10:39 PM   #21
Yarnjess
Registered Users
seller

Re: Day 18 of no poop and starting to get antsy

You could also take probiotics. They'll pass through your milk. Once I started taking probiotics, my LO went from pooping a ton once a week, to pooping reasonable amounts most days. I was taking them for me, but she benefitted as well.

Advertisement

Yarnjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:46 PM   #22
KLeeCW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm going to head to bed now, because I'm certain she'll be awake in a few hours to nurse. Thanks everyone for all the advice. I'll try some of them out and call the pedi again in the am. Hopefully he'll even give us a referral for the chiropractor so insurance will def. cover it. Wish us luck and lots of poop!
KLeeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #23
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLeeCW View Post
I'm going to head to bed now, because I'm certain she'll be awake in a few hours to nurse. Thanks everyone for all the advice. I'll try some of them out and call the pedi again in the am. Hopefully he'll even give us a referral for the chiropractor so insurance will def. cover it. Wish us luck and lots of poop!
Good luck and wishing you loads of poop

If you can;t get the referral, don't fret too much. All the chiropractors I know charge very little for a child. I pay $10 with no insurance. The highest I know of is $20

Again, may you be richly blessed with poop.

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:35 PM   #24
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

left to right maSsage aRound belly button & under... chiro adjust does tricki hear( friend/ chiro) or prunejuice diluted.

Q tip method?
Old 01-16-2013, 11:43 PM   #25
palsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm confused at all the concern. . Breast milk is not constipating. It is a laxative. She is growing and using all the contents of the milk with nothing left to excrete. As long as she is happy, abdomen isn't distended and she is peeing on ONLY on breast milk then leave it be! She will poop. When this growth spurt is over she will poop. Just enjoy the wet diapers instead
Old 01-17-2013, 12:09 AM   #26
aylasmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

When Ayla was three months old, she went that long without pooping. I broke down and did the glycerin suppository and I'm glad I did. She immediately started pooping. The first poop to come out was greenish and thick, followed by more normal breasted poop. Turned out she had a mild dairy sensitivity that was effecting her poops. I then eliminated dairy from my diet and she was fine after that.

Foggy Knits WAHM Page Foggy Knits Facebook
aylasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:16 AM   #27
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

I agree with the chiropractor

Also EAT OLIVE OIL!!! Like on some bread or a salad or something

OLIVE OIL makes my EBF 6 month old dd go when she hasn't gone for a while.
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #28
KLeeCW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Starting day 19 of no poop. We tried very diluted prune juice and it did not go over well. DD threw it all up. Not sure if any actually made it her belly. We called the pedi and they want us to wait til our regular appointment on Monday. :/ Not too sure about that though. Hopefully she'll poop before then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ View Post
Good luck and wishing you loads of poop

If you can;t get the referral, don't fret too much. All the chiropractors I know charge very little for a child. I pay $10 with no insurance. The highest I know of is $20

Again, may you be richly blessed with poop.
Thanks mama! I was totally under the impression that chiropractors were more expensive than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons View Post
left to right maSsage aRound belly button & under... chiro adjust does tricki hear( friend/ chiro) or prunejuice diluted.

Q tip method?
Q-tip method is when you use a q-tip and vaseline to gently massage the anal muscles in the hopes that baby will relax enough to poop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palsmama View Post
I'm confused at all the concern. . Breast milk is not constipating. It is a laxative. She is growing and using all the contents of the milk with nothing left to excrete. As long as she is happy, abdomen isn't distended and she is peeing on ONLY on breast milk then leave it be! She will poop. When this growth spurt is over she will poop. Just enjoy the wet diapers instead
At this point, I'm less worried about constipation and more worried that something might be physically wrong with DD's intestines. As one mama mentioned, allergies can cause issues with pooping. My older brother had to have surgery when he was a baby (I think 8 months?) because his intestines kinked. If it was 10 days or even 14, I'd definitely agree that the wet diapers are nice. But now we are pushing almost 3 weeks and this is definitely causing concern. She's completely ebf (except the small amounts of diluted juice we've given to encourage poop). I'm hoping that since she is still in a fairly good mood that it is still just normal ebf poop that is just being well absorbed.

Last edited by KLeeCW; 01-17-2013 at 07:41 AM.
KLeeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #29
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would definitely take her to see someone. My son has been impacted before and it is not fun for anyone. Our pediatrician doesn't like kids to go more than 10 days.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #30
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Probiotics. Maybe diluted kombucha or some good whole-milk yogurt or kefir mixed with breastmilk?