Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #71
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Day 18 of no poop and starting to get antsy

I am glad she pooped and you have some answers even if they are crappy answers (pun totally intended).

I hope she has a very smooth procedure and recovery.

Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #72
KLeeCW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was so focused on updating on what was going on with DD that I forgot to mention an important thing! Thank god for cloth! This poop was ridiculous and it was all contained. It was a RaR os pocket, those internal leg gussets are lifesavers.
KLeeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #73
MamaZnR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Glad she pooped, and you can breathe a little.
MamaZnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #74
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

Hugs, mama! I'm glad she finally went. My almost 10 year old son has hirschsprungs disease. He had pull through surgery at 3 weeks old. He couldn't stool at all on his own so we had to do irrigations 2 times a day to clean him out. Anyway, if she does have it and you have any questions feel free to contact me. I can also point you to an awesome facebook group for hirschsprungs. Good luck!

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #75
KLeeCW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD's test results from her barium enema came back and it is not Hirschsprung's. Her intestines don't seem to have anything physically wrong with them, thank god. Other than some distension from not going enough, they looked fine. Since the enema, she's been a poop machine with clearing the enema liquid out. We had to use sposies while the liquid passed and that was awful. Dd was very allergic, had a huge rash. We switched to using some old cloth we were planning on tossing which cleared up the rash right away. She had a slight rectal tear from the enema tube which is healing now. The enema liquid should mostly be out of her system by now, so her pedi is having us keep a journal of when she goes, if she needed help, etc. I'm avoiding most dairy, except for kefir in the mornings for probiotics, in the off chance it's a dairy intolerance. We are also sticking with regular chiropractic adjustments as we figure it can't hurt. Her pedi will reevaluate at her 6mo check up or if she has another episode of not going for an extended period. He wants to avoid the trauma of a rectal biopsy for now.

Thank you everyone for keeping us in your thoughts while we went through this! It was a rough couple weeks being in and out of the hospital for tests and scans. It's given me such an appreciation for parents of chronically sick kids or kids with conditions that require a lot of treatment. I have no idea how they do it.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #76
lookatreestar
Registered Users

what great news! you are such a good mama, gl and i hope things stay clear in the future

lookatreestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:51 PM   #77
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

So glad to hear the news!

I hate to be a pest (and only asking since you mentioned possibly taking her in!) but did she get to see a chiropractor?

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #78
KLeeCW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ View Post
So glad to hear the news!

I hate to be a pest (and only asking since you mentioned possibly taking her in!) but did she get to see a chiropractor?
She did! Not sure if it had an effect on her intestinal issue because she'd finally pooped the night before and then had the barium enema which cleaned her out. She did enjoy the adjustment though.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:49 AM   #79
MamaLump
Registered Users
seller

Yay! I'm so glad to hear it!
MamaLump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:01 AM   #80
mekat
Registered Users

Be extra careful with barium tests if your kid is prone to constipation. Something they didn't tell us and should have is that barium can be harder to pass for some kids and it is recommended to take laxatives for several days afterwards if your child is prone to constipation. Once the barium hardens up inside the intestines it is much more difficult to pass.

Just speaking from experience my child was confirmed by x-ray that 5 weeks later the barium had balled up and was still in his lower intestines. DS's GI refuses to order any more barium tests, now he has to be put through CT contrast scans if he need GI testing.
mekat is offline   Reply With Quote